Monday 31 October 2011

Am I going round the twist?!

Hi Guys!

Got another of my ebay parcels today. Was confused when I took out the above [pic] from the padded envelope and couldn't remembered what I ordered but on closer inspection (and unwrapping) I discovered these [below]:

What are they? Well, they are pins for your hair. Twisty, sprial hair grips? Something along those lines. /i first saw these being used in a you tube hair tutorial and goggled them but they weren't quite a bargain so I resisted the urge to purchase some.

But then I randomly came across them on ebay from a Hong Kong seller; 10 grips for 99p, free p+p! Even though they weren't the legit version I thought I'd splash the cash and give them a go.

First impressions: When i took them out of the 'candy wrapper' I was disappointed. I can't really explain but they looked a bit crudely made, no gloss and no safety ends (like those round bits you get on the end of good kirby grips to prevent snagging/breaking hair). Also, they came with no instructions. There were a few poor quality images on the candy wrapper but nothing that could be followed...

However, i brushed my hair and rolled it into a ballerina bun and just stuck in a twisty grip. OMG! I love it!! As you push in the grip you can feel it spiral into your hair, thus securely your bun. I've had my bun up (used a few grips around the bun, no kirbys or elastics) for about 2 hours now and it hasn't budged (though I haven't moved off my sofa so it might fare differently on a windy journey to work).

To take them out, DO NOT PULL them out, but gently grab an end of a GRIP AND TWIST (you will realise which way to twist cos if you twist the wrong way you will feel it)

Likewise, if you feel your bun/hairstyle loosening then just twist to further secure.

As simple as screwing and unscrewing a bottle of water!!

Really happy with my buy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails