Saturday 6 July 2013

Review: Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr cream gel eyeshadow [updated 15/09/2013]


Hi Guys!

Firstly, sorry for the lopsided picture - after all these years I still haven't figured out how to rotate  photos on blogger!

Anyway, I'm here today with a quick review of the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr in the shade 'timeless black'.

Simply put - I love this. I cannot believe I did not get this sooner. For a girl who loves a heavy black eye this is a truly marvellous product. I haven't had this in my life/make up bag for long but I already know that we are soul mates!

So....it is a creamy gel eyeshadow as the name suggests. And shade-wise timeless black is a nice true black; none of that charcoal shizzle. The staying power is great. I can't vouch for 24 hours but I can say that it does stay put for about 16 hours.





The big left swatch is about 2 brush swipes worth of product. You can see that the colour payoff is  impressive and  nice and opaque. The small swatch on the right is one brush swipe worth of product and you can see that even that is some good stuff right there.

I can imagine this would make a great eyeliner but I use this in two other ways. I was initially using it as a base with my mua eyeshadow in shade 20(matte black); I'd swipes color tattoo all over my lid and whilst still 'wet' I'd pat on my powder eyeshadow. This combo would probably last for 3 days and that's not even a lie.

Since the initial combo was working so well for the past week I tried using the color tattoo on it's own and was still very impressed. I did have one problem with this - one day after work I wanted to touch up my eyes so I pulled out my black kohl eyeliner and .....crack! My bloody color tattoo cracked/crumbled/flaked straight off my eye. I was then left with a patch of skin on my eyelid. So.....I don't care - I've learnt my lesson. Packed it on good in the morning and don't be tempted to draw over it and you'll be fine.

Even if this was twice the price now that I know what it can do I'd still repurchase it. And that's a lot coming from me!!!

Have you tried this? What do you think?


[EDITED 15/09/2013]

Hi Guys, in this post I mentioned a problem with this product crumbling/flaking off and wanted to show this. (Forgive the unfinished makeup). Also, it doesn't happen to often but it does sometimes flake off even before I've finished doing my make up in the morning. I had obviously applied the product all over my lids and then for whatever reason the below happened. So that's a bit crap. But I still love it - you can see how black and opaque the bits that stayed on are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails