Sunday 11 August 2013

KIKO - full protection stick foundation



Hi Guys,

Just a very tiny haul of two (of the same) item from make up brand/store KIKO. KIKO is an Italian brand established in 1997. I hadn't heard of it until last year, as there is a small KIKO store in Westfield's (Stratford City) .

I've always wanted to try some bits but I didn't really need any make up so didn't get an opportunity until now. I like how the store is set out and that the bits are easy to sample. I was only accompanying my friend but I saw a whole bunch (16 shadesI think?!) of stick foundations and a sale sign so obviously I had to have a look; it would have been rude not to.

I swatched a few and liked the look of 2, 3 and 4 and I asked the sales lady to help me and she put some on my face (absolutely disgusting - she used a disposable sponge but used it on the display sticks aaarrggghh)and she said 3 looked good so I grabbed that, and then I also said I wanted to get a darker shade to use as contour so she suggested 6 (which once blended is not as dark as the swatch below looks!).

This isn't a review - just a little haul - so I can't give you my two cents (onepenny's) worth yet but they are smooth and creamy and more importantly I forgot to say, they were £4.90 each on sale. I've looked at reviews (after my purchase) and I think the main thing is that this is not going to be good for oily skin/at controlling oily skin. I do have combination skin but the reason why I got this on a whim is because I love foundation sticks for touch ups during the day. I would never use a stick as part of my main morning routine because I need a relatively heavy coverage and I need it to last. But these sticks are great to throw in your bag for an emergency. 

I don't know if it's just me but I find reapplying foundation difficult. Well, not difficult I'm not stupid - but I mean it never looks good. My combination skin is literally oil slick oily and then crusty dry and once I've worked an 8 hour shift putting on a powder or a 'proper' foundation makes me look like a peeling face blotchy zombie.

I find that a foundation stick is the perfect lightness and creaminess for this facial situation. I blot my face and then draw a stripe down my nose, jawline, forehead and then a line on each cheekbone, and then I blend blend blend with my hands. A foundation stick makes my face a nice even tone and covers any normal redness - just enough to get me through say a quick trip to Westfield's or KFC ;) lol

Have you tried anything from KIKO before? Any recommendations? Also, there are a few sale bits on their website right now. Just saying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails