Sunday 24 February 2013

Ikea Skubb Shoe Storge

Hello!

I went to Ikea a few months ago and purchased two packs of Skubb shoe boxes (4 in each pack, so I have 8 in total). Rrp £9 per pack

My shoes my shoes. I have a lot of shoes. I'm a bulk buyer and a hoarder. So maybe 100 pairs (including boots and sandals). And it's ironic that Penny Palace could be described as a shoe box because essentially it is a shoe box with kitchen and bathroom appliances. And I still have shoes at my Mum's house. Maybe I should start wearing shoes as gloves so that I get more use out of them?!

Anyways! There are shoes in every nook and cranny of Penny Palace and one of those nooks is above the built in wardrobe. Before the purchase of the Skubbs I just piled a few shoe boxes, documents and a basket of shoes up there. It was ok; it's a good space, but visually that nook wasn't going to win any beauty contests.

So I got the Skubbs on a whim and visually I like it! Much more uniform and streamlined, and white is great for the asylum effect I've got going on. Forrealz bruv.

However...little but....space wise the Skubbs aren't as effective as my mismatched shoe boxes. The Skubbs are generous in size but....I dunno. To be fair I didn't whip out a tape measure so I'm just grateful they even fit! I've got 2-3 pairs of shoes in each Skubb so I'm trying my best.

The gap in the middle will fit another set of Skubbs so hopefully I can pick that up soon. And then I think it'll look amazing, which will make up for the extra pairs of shoes I'm going to have to cram elsewhere!

For what is available on the market I think £9 for 4 boxes was worth it. You're not really going to find anything else for that price. And if you wanna go the whole hog there's loads of other stuff available in the Skubb series (also comes in black).

So yeah. What do you think? ....I don't want too many smart ideas now though cos I have spent £18 already yeah lol










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails