Sunday 8 August 2010

Challenge - Day 21: A recipe

LOL Well this post is a big fat pile of poo coming from me!! I had to google how to boil an egg for god sakes.

How shall I spin this one then? I think that I am going to think about what I would like to be able to cook in the near future, google it, share it with you, and then hopefully update you on my efforts.

So I've chosen a recipe for chunky fish cakes. Initially I was googling thai fish cakes but all the recipes looked a bit complicated and the ingredients pricey so I've settled for this:
"Lemon SalmonFishcakes Recipe"

Ingredients

  • 900g white potatoes, roughly diced
  • 418g can Alaskan red salmon, drained and any bones discarded
  • Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges to serve
  • 3 tbsp light mayonnaise, plus extra to serve
  • Bunch of spring onions, chopped
  • Flour, for dusting
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
And basically you just mash it all together and shape and fry (which will be my biggest problem because i'm not very good with frying things beyond shallow fry).

Looks simple enough right? And hopefully no risk of food poisoning haha!!!

1 comment:

  1. love it ;)
    of course i do... its me! lol
    look forward to having it huni
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails