Sunday 16 October 2011

October 2011 Ins and Outs

Hi Guys!

Can you believe we're well into October already?! This December it will be penny for your thoughts' 2 year anniversary!! (And also mine and Jesus' birthday!) I cannot believe I've stuck at it this long (blogging...not the being alive).

Anyway, I've been a bit lazy with the random picture posts so I thought I'd say a quick hello and do a Ins and Outs post :)



Loving:


Studs! - As I am sure you can see, I am currently obsessed with studding stuff. It's such a cheap and easy (though painful and time consuming) way to update your wardrobe and breathe new life into things that are a bit 'blah'. This hobby has given me a new respect for embellished items and a better understanding of the seemingly ridiculous price points!!

Pendants - About 2 months ago I didn't own any pendants and now I have enough to say I have a (very) small collection. I wear them with my leather necklace or on the original chain under collared shirts. I get all of mine on ebay. i just like big ones ;) Sometimes I look for inspiration on the high street and get dupes. My leopard pendant cost under £1 and retails for £6 in Peacocks. Nuff said really!

Chiffon - I've always loved the sheer stuff but I am finding chiffon a great fabric for this random late summer transitioning into winter period. A chiffon shirt and then a cardi or light jacket/mac means you are prepared for the chill or for sweltering heat.

Custard - Hot custard. Cold custard. Peach crumble, apple crumble, chocolate torte. Just give me some custard!

Chunky knits - Specifically men's chunky knits. Love the contrast between girly stuff; chiffon, bows, leopard prints and then boom, chuck a chunky knit over the top and we are too cool for school :)

Ebay - big big big love for ebay! Sept/Oct has been tough financially but ebay is letting me indulge without breaking the (overdrawn) bank. If you are patient you can find loads of bargains.




Loving not so much:


Westfields Stratford City - I do love having Westfields on my doorstep but a month in and it's just a bit overrated. Full of teens trying to pick up members of the opposite sex. you're suppose to be in a 'nice' place but I am scared to pull out my purse/mobile and so it's just an extension of the streets and takes the fun out of shopping.

X Factor - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Not enjoying X Factor at all. And it has nothing to do with the judges; TBH I don't get the whole hoo ha over the line up change because to me it doesn't make a difference, the judges are just something you have to put up with to see the acts, much like the million adverts! But anyway, the contestants are just blaaaaahhhh. I am watching the live shows as I have nothing better to do on my weekend evenings and it keeps my twitter busy :)

Zachary Quinto - has just come out the closet. I am happy for him, but sad for myself as I was hoping to marry him one day.

Doctor Who - love Doctor Who but hate that it's not on our screens at the moment! Christmas cannot come soon enough!!! Another thing to look forward to in December.

My credit card bill - I hate you! Nuff said!

Turkey Ham - Bernard Matthew's turkey ham was on special offer so I got a big pack and holy christ even if they give it away free next time I am saying "thanks but no thanks". I don't know what I was thinking cos I don't like turkey slices nor ham . A lesson learnt!


And on that note I hope everyone is ready for the colder weather and hope the rest of October is ab fab xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails