Saturday 4 August 2012

Stratford 2012

Howdy people! If you didn't know, the Olympics games are taking place in London woo hoo and the main hub bub is taking place in my home town Stratford. To be honest, for me, the Olympics happening so close to home is a walking hell. Crowds, fear of terrorist attacks, the loud noise, and I don't give a crap about sports - perfect(!) But anyway, I'm trying to be as happy spirited as I can, and trying to be patriotic and stuff. And I did watch the Olympic Opening Ceremony......and the red arrows flew past Penny Palace whoop whoop!!
Above picture - apologies for the terrible picture - is meant to focus on the people walking by, American's draped in their beautiful stars and stripes flag...with blocks of cheese on their heads. Yeah. Ok.
This picture does not capture the beauty of the night. It's a blimp flying past Penny Palace. The sky was so gorgeous, with stars twinkly but I couldn't capture that with my immense photography skill(!) The lights below are blocks of flats. Pretty(!) So how are you enjoying The Games? Are you watching? Who are you cheering for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails