Monday 21 December 2009

8 Most Worn Things

Still can't be bothered to do a formal introduction. What I have decided to do today instead is a typed 8 Most Worn Things (as opposed to a video).

I like to watch make-up tutorials on line, and a lot of the beauty guru's have been doing a '8 Most Worn Things' tag.

Anyways......

Most Worn Lipstick - Gosh Darling. It's a nude lipstick. I probably look dead wearing it but i love it. It took me ages to find it and it is such an easy colour to wear (nothing clashes with the zombie face) and the formulation is nice and smooth. Prior to owning this my answer would have been the infamous Barry M 'Marshmallow' (101) but I personally find it difficult to wear because it is drying, and so i look dead and flaky. Not good. I think most of the marshmallow fans layer some lipgloss on the top but i don't like lipgloss becasue a) it makes me feel self conscious b) i keep eating it.

Most Worn Earrings - I do not wear earrings. I tend to not wear jewellry at all. The only piece of jewellry I do wear is a pearl necklace given to me by my auntie for my graduation, but i wear it double on my wrist. I like it becasue it's very feminine, and it makes a statement without being in=your-face. The reason why I don't wear jewellry and favour pearls is because I am allergic to most metals so if I do wear jewellry I start getting spuffy/patchy/itchy/oozy. Nice (!)

Most Worn shirt/top - Well, when I'm hanging around my flat I love to wear my I heart NY tee shirt. I have an oversize one in classic white, and then a huge one in baby pink and i wear either with leggings and my pretend uggs, messy hair. I did wear my white one out once when i jsut got back from NYC but I was getting weird looks, I don't think Upton Park were getting my look. When I am at work, my most worn top is definitely my black and white polka dot shirt from Dorothy Perkins. It's the cutest top and whenever I wear it I feel happy. It's also the top I bought and wore to the interview so I guess that's why I attach happy feelings to it (yeah I've had the top for a year now, a buton popped off last week - time for the graveyard soon). It's capped sleeved with a bid, the necklace has a slight frill and it has 3/4 buttons down the bid. Becasue it doesn't button down all the way it's a good shape for me as my big belly is not fighting with the buttons. My favourite other work 'top' would be anyone of my merino cardigans. Despite the handwash pain I love love love my merino cardigans. I have 1 (or 5) of every colour, in both the womens and mens style.

Most Worn Nail Polish - In general, I would simply say fire engine red. No particular brand as I have about 10 in loads of different brands. As long as it is bright red I am happy. Recently though I have branched out and my most a worn at the moment would be between ELF bubble gum pink and Barry M erm....the grey one. Another contender would also have been Revlon's coral (tropical something) but it is a loser because it is overpriced considering the crap quality. But yes, for people who know me, my nails are definitely my outlet for colour.

Most Worn Shoes - Hands down, most worn shoes are the Primark 'Chanel' ballet pumps, with chain and without. I have 30 pairs (well I've bought 30 pairs, some are in the bin, some still have the tags on). I love them. I don't know what I will do if i ever run out. Whenever I go Primark I buy 4 pairs at a time (i love bulk buying). And when i wear them i usally work on a 4 pair rotation too, either 2 black and 2 cream, or 2 black and 1 cream and 1 nude. So that is why it looks like I am always wearing the same shoe!!

Most Worn Hair Product - Hair serum, either pantene 'smooth and sleek' (for after I've dried/straightened my hair) or Schwarzkopf 'Supersoft' for wet/dry hair. It is the best serum in the world, I've been using it for a few years but it's been discontinued now (I bulked buy so I still have one thank god!). I've bought a possible replacement (Loreal had a sale) but though i haven't used it yet I am not feeling optimistic - I don't think anything could be as great. And the other product is a recent addition to my hair care routine but much needed; its Loreal Studio Hot straight. It's something to do with heat protection. I tend to think this 'scientific' talk is mumbo jumbo but i must say my hair is better/has not gotten even crispier since I've been using it. And it's cheap so yay.

Most Worn Perfume - Perfume!! Well...I do wear perfume for the benefit of people around me. My all time favourite is Jean Paul Gaultier. I've worn it for many many years so I have had whiffs of it and shocked everytime by how i love the smell. At the moment I'm wearing something by Calvin Klein but to be honest I've never smelt it so not sure if it is good or not. I also keep perfumes at work in my pink flowerpot that I keep my pens in so they're usually random things like Next 'Pink' or 'Define', again I haven't smelt them so I hope they are decent.

Most Worn Handbags - Let me start by saying I love handbags. I'd say they were my biggest indulgence. It doesn't matter how fat or crap you are feeling, a handbag will make it better. I know people say this about shoes, but being fat does effect shoe-buying, and you can't wear glittery stilletto's with your pj's and feel great, whereas you can be carrying a great handbag and wearing my I heart NY outfit/leggings and still feel like a superstar. So, this was a hard category for me. Bear in mind, these tags aren't asking for favourites but things most worn. The obvious 'winner' by 2430424542 miles is my Louis Vuitton that was handed down to me by my mum. They don't sell them anymore but it's most similiar to the Speedy but softer/less rigid. It is the greatest bag ever but quite a random shape/size for me. Generally I like massive bags, beach tote type but my LV is perfect. It's big enough for all my junk inc some paperwork, not including my laptop and it's small enough not to be too chavvy. Interestingly, my most wanted but least worn bag ever is my LV Neverfull. The only LV (minus purses) that I've ever bought myself as opposed to nicked off my mum makes me want to cry everytime i see it. I saw it in a magazine and tore out the page and stuck it on my wall. Almost exactly 1 year later i bought it. I've now had it for nearly 2 years and and I think I've used it 3 times. What a bloody waste of money. I could have paid for 7 years life insurance. I could have paid half my monthly mortgage repayment. It's in pristine condition just sitting there mocking me. And every week I put my junk in it, but just as I'm about to leave I end up sticking my junk back into something else.

Ok I better stop lamenting for now.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails