Tuesday 26 January 2010

Dry cleaning

Can anyone explain to me the concept and purpose of dry cleaning?

Why in 2010 are we using materials that can't be machine washed? Apart
from being a monetary rip off I don't understand why we still have dry
clean only garments. I've paid big bucks for my coat, and I paid big
bucks for my washing machine, so why do I need to spend relatively big
bucks at the drycleaners? It's so against my principles that what I
do, to the great chargrin of my mum (and probably the local dry
cleaners if they knew) is just buy a new whatever. I refuse to give my
hard earned cash over.

But I've got a problem. I'm in love with my current stash of coats. I
want to keep waitig them. And they need a clean. My friend told me to
frebreeze them but that's a bit skanky I think for a long term
measure. Let's see how long I can hold out before I go crawling to the
drycleaner.

Whilst we're on this fascinating (!) subject, let's give a mention to
the reheeling people. That's another rip off in my eyes. Especially if
u buy ur shoes in primark!!! I'd reheel jimmy choos, but why would u
pay £6 to reheel a pair of shoes that either cost less, or £10
maximum?! Again, just bulk buy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails