Sunday 24 January 2010

Work look

...I am just blogging before bed while my nail varnish dries. I've
already got two smudges but nm.

I spent most of last week with mint green nails but just remembered
while I was brushing my teeth that I've got a lot of very important
meetings this coming week so off came the mint green and on goes the
clear. What colour polish is a reasonable work colour? Usually I wear
pink, red, grey or coral. My personal work no's are black and mint cos
I think its too trend led. I'm not at work to make a fashion statement.

Saying that, I cringe at some of the stuff I was wearing in my
previous post. We're in a non public office so even though we're
suppose to dress smart most people in my old section dressed super
casual; I use to wear leggings and gladiator sandals!! Whereas is my
current post it's still I'm the same building but I mingle with the
big wigs and have a lot of meet and greets, and we hold a lot of
presentation type stuff so I dress much more smart now. My typical
look is a tulip skirt (black or grey) and a short sleeve top/blouse
and a merino cardigan. On the way to work I wear whatever footwear is
appropriate for the weather and then at my desk I kept a pair of smart
pumps (cream and black quilt) and a pair of heels (black suede, medium
cone heel, almond head) and I chuck these on an off depending on what/
who is on the agenda.

My biggest bane for work is my hair. I don't have good work (office)
hair. Sleek and smart aren't words associate with my hair. My mums fav
phrase to me is "it's not illegal to brush ur hair more then once a
day you know!" - that says it all really. When my hair is at it's best
it goes from biggest bane to biggest mane and still inapprioriate. The
amount of hairflicking I do is outrageous. Oh well.

I'll stop there cos I've become aware of another 'problem' with my
email updates: it just looks really wrong, and really long on a normal
screen. For some reason on the blog my sentences are 4 words long and
so even a paragraph looks like an essay. So sorry if it makes it hard
to read, I'll try see if that can be amended.

Hope you all have a great week, goodnight xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails