Tuesday 3 August 2010

Challenge - Day 13-16

Hi guys! So so so extremely sorry for lack of posts...and big thanks
to whoever is click click clicking on my blog lol

Before I start, please donate to the marie curie cancer care charity.
I will be walking 10k!!

http://www.justgiving.com/onepenny

Been a crazy few days so no challenge posts have been done so let me
just get down to it:

Day 13: A fictional book

Title doesn't give much info about why it wants from me so I'm
assuming the scope is huge and I can say whatever so I'm going to talk
about an embarassing fictional book I love love love called 'Talking
to Addison" by Jenny Colgan.

It's pure guilty pleasure chick lit stuff. The book itself is
physically 'mash up' -the spine is so creased it's white cos all the
colour has come off it.

It does it's job of a typical chick lit book - it's quick to read,
easy to follow the story line, most of the characters are people you
know (a part from Addison who is weird in the nicest way) and my fav
thing about this book is the main character. Her life is a bit...well
crap really and she knows it but she's ok enough. I think I identify
with her haha The book is really funny and when you just want to relax
it's great to pick up.

Day 14: A non fictional book

This is so random and I hope it counts but a non fictional book I
enjoyed was the wrestler Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's biography (2000).
I only read it because my brother had brought it and i saw it laying
around, I picked it up, had a flick through and before I knew it I was
hooked.

Day 15: a fanfic

To those who don't know a fanfic is basically a fictional story made
up by a fan. These can be wonderfully imaginative and intricate but I
have no imagination or time so let me tell you a quick story:

One day there was a amazingly wonderful and gorgeous girl called
Penny. One day Penny went to LA to get a real suntan and do loads of
shopping. After a hard day of shopping she decided to have lunch at
the Olive Garden. Halfway through her chicken salad (hey- it's
fiction, I can make penny healthy if I want!!) a waiter came over to
her table with a laden tray and said "sorry madam but the gentleman
over there asked me to bring you this" and he placed down the tray
which had on it all the YSL rogue volupte lipsticks, a bottle of diet
coke, and a pair of glass slippers.

Penny was shocked at all the things on her table and looked in the
direction the waiter had pointed at and there in a corner was a young
tanned man with shiny white teeth. Oh, and he had no shirt on and had
a gleaming rock hard 8pack.

"wow", thought penny, "hubba bubba". She thought it would be polite to
go over to say thanks for her gifts so she picked up the tray and
sasheyed over.

"hi there, thanks for these. I'm penny by the way", she said to the
handsome stranger.

"you're welcome penny. I just saw you and I've fallen head over heels
in love with you. Please try on the glass slipper. If it fits I will
marry you and make sure we live happily ever after"

"oh", said penny a bit taken aback at the sudden proposal but used to
everyone falling in love with her, "well, before I try on the slipper
can I know your name?".

"of course! How rude of me!", said the handsome stranger, "I'm Taylor
lautner".

"are you old enough to get married Taylor? you look awfully young."
asked penny

"I am legal, I'm 18years old and 5 months old" replied Taylor.

And so penny tried on the slipper and it fit and they got married the
following week (in Vegas) and as he promised they are living happily
ever after.

The end!!

Day 16: a song that makes me cry (or nearly makes me cry)

A song that makes me cry - there's so many!!! Tears in heaven by eric
Clapton pulls at my heart strings as h wrote the song for his young
dead son. Also one sweet day by mariah Carey and boyziimen because the
lyrics are so so sad and I live my life hoping that the people I care
about know how special they are to me, because one sweet day is too
late.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails