Sunday 31 October 2010

Asos Curve - 'Un-haul'



Hi Guys,

This is a belated post but thought I'd do it anyway...

On on 10th October I ordered a few things from Asos.com. I ordered 4 pair of boots, two dresses and a pair of denim shorts.

On 13th October there was an attempt to deliver it (supposedly) but anyway it ended up at my local Post Office. I went to pick it up on the 19th Oct and boy I was shocked at the size of the box (but what did I expect with 4 boot boxes in the order?!)

(This might sound boring but this is the 'funnest' part of the whole thing, the 'haul' itself is crap.)

I had picked up the box at lunchtime so took it back to work. At the end of my work day i excitedly opened up the box. At this point in time I'm neither impressed or unimpressed, just a bit 'whatever'.

Basically I can't take the box home because it's too big to walk with it, and too big to take it on the bus. So I try on all the boots at work (more on that in a bit) and I decide to take home the clothes to try on.

No pictures of clothes because frankly, FUGLY.
Dress 1 was a 'waterfall dress'; a dressy dress with giant frills down the front. Potentially gorgeous maybe, but it was waaaay too big for me, so much so that the shoulders were slipping off.

Dress 2 was a big big let down; a work dress. Totally not what I was expecting in terms of fabric or style. I remember wanting it when it first came out but at £40 I was not getting it. I brought it for £12 so it's a shame I hated it. Was umming and arring about keeping it but what was the point? And then i realised it was dry clean only so that was my mind made up!

And then the denim shorts. WHAT WAS I THINKING? Again, potentially would have been ok but they were massive. I could put them on without undping any fastenings. And then they fell straight down without any effort. - In regards to getting dress 1 and shorts in a smaller size; it wouldn't have worked.

Now the boots....all gorgeous. I basically got two styles, each in a black and a natural/tan/camel colour.

Boot 1 was a low ankle boot with a mid cone heel and a laced back. Basically too small :(

Boot 2 was a mid ankle boot, again with a mid heel. Basically a girly Chelsea boot.

So........out of that stuff, the only thing I kept was the black chelsea boot. And it's not love but it's a staple and it was a crazy bargain so I couldn't return it!

Better luck next time!!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails