Sunday 14 November 2010

Day 11 – What’s in my makeup bag?

Hi,

So what is in my make up bag?

I'm going to take the question literally and say what's in my make up bag, even if it isn't quite make up.

  • Black eyeliner - Jordana retractable eyeliner, brought for me by V from a drugstore in new york. It probbaly worked out to be 80p - fantastic!! And a retractable eyeliner for your handbag is very practical as you don't have to worry about it breaking or needing sharpening.
  • Black mascara x2 - Clinique's lash power (sample size), and BYS (no name) - I don't know why I carry two....especially as I don't tend to touch up my mascara. i put so much on in the morning I am usually ok even at 3am. I'd only use a mascara if I was overzealous with face powder and my eyelashes were powdery.
  • Lipstick x2 - revlon's matte lipcolour in pink about it and pink pout - i go through phases of wanting to be the type of girl who can wear lipstick all day everyday and days when i realise that i am too scruffy to wear lipstick on a tuesday afternooon.
  • Concealer - Laura Mercier's secret concealer in shade 2 - sameple size - absolutely amazing!!! I got this free with a maaaaaaasive purchase I made in Sephora NY. The full size is expensive but I think i would def repurchase...lets see what my financial situation is like by the time it runs out! - I've already hit pan :(
  • Foundation - Clinique's city stick in beige twist/shade 06
  • Body shop retractable brush
  • Face powder - Body shop's all in one face base in shade 06
  • Blush - Clinique's all over colour in fresh bloom
  • Blush brush - Clinique
  • Clear mascara - MUA (I use it to tame my brows - still trying to grow them. Taking a lot of willpower not to get them threaded.)
  • Lipgloss x2 - Natural Collection tinted lipbalm in melon cooler and cranberry
  • Cotton buds (lifesaver !! - for messy eye make up and itchy ears lol)
  • Cotton pads - great for if i overdo the blush!
  • Origins 'peace of mind' - it's the beauty version of rescue remedy. You're suppose to stick it on your wrists, earlobes, back of neck, take deeeeep breathes and calm down. It is great but an expensive habit. Mine was a sample :)
  • Chewing gum, pens, paracetamol handcream, strepsils

And my make up bag itself - at the moment I've downsized from usual and using a freebie clinique bag. It is a stupid size but it works for me because i never zip it up so to be honest my make up bag is my handbag lol

What are your make up carry round essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails