Sunday 9 January 2011

Gold at the end of the rainbow

One of my (random and materialistic) aims of 2011 is to be the owner of a gold chain necklace.

Those who know me know that I am not a jewelry person. But those who knew me before...say 2003...knows that I use to love jewelry. I was like a yellow and female Mr T!

But anyway, the reason for my no longer being a jewelry wearer is simple. Beginning of the 2000's was when aaaalllll my allergies all kicked in.

I use to wear hoop earrings that could fit all the way up my arm to my armpit; hell, I could even get them around my ankle! I wore chains thick as...little snakes. And my Jesus cross was almost as big as the real thing (no disrespect intended then or now). I loved it all. The tackier then better.

But now I can't wear necklaces, earrings, rings, a watch. Hell, I can't even carry my house keys or loose change for longer then a few minutes :(

However however! Over the festive period I was at my mums and raiding my old stuff and came across a name necklace (the infamous 'carrie' from SATC, mine says 'penny' of course lol) and also a random chain with a pendant on it.

For some reason I wore both (on separate occassions) and /I was fine (touch wood). The 'penny' thing was a bit too short and tacky for more then a few outings but the gold chain is wonderful.

It's 23 inches and I think it it 18karat gold. And that is where the secret lines. I have a nickel allergy (which I've always known) and anyhting 9kt and below contains nickel. The more karats means less/no nickel. So yay me!

The only problem, the less nickel the more ££££££ :(

Obviously a) I am poor and b) my new year resolution is to spend less but we'll see we'll see ;) There is always the bank of mum and dad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails