Sunday 20 March 2011

Lent

This post is up a bit late, but have you given up anything for Lent?

I had the intention of giving up my hair straighteners (massive sacrifice!!) and it is proving a challenge....that I continuously fail at!

So on Shrove Tuesday (March 8th) I decided that I would give up eye shadow and hair straighteners. Morning of Wednesday 9th I wake up full of good intentions but after I've washed and dried my hair (hair dryer is a-ok) I just cannot face the house looking like a frizzy zombie, so I striaghtened it. And then my face was so blah that I had to put on a ton of eyeshadow. Went to work feeling sheepish after falling at the first hurdle, but looking great ;)

So Thursday I dried shampoo'd and had my hair out so that didn't really count as a fresh start so ignore that day.

Friday I again wake up with good intentions and this time I fulfill them!!

It's been just over a week of my 'Lenting' and I hope Jesus appreciates my attempts. It's the thought that counts right?

I'll be honest; I have not fully straightened my hair since the Lenting begun but hair straighteners have touched the front of my hair a few times.

Here's some pics from the past week (in a random order). As you can tell, I've been embracing bobby pins and hairspray.



Gently easing myself into my Lenting...This was my first proper Lenting hairstyle. I just washed and blowdried and then straightened a tiny tiny bit of the front strands. By lunchtime my hair looked like I'd been rubbing balloons all over it.

Working with 'second day hair' from the above pic, I just rolled and pinned it up. The quiffy bit just happened naturally. The back isn't quick a bun....more of a croissant LOL But the volume of the front balances it out.

I feel very self conscious with my hair up and out of my face and even if the style comes out nice I always feel quite shite to be honest. But anything for Jesus!! And this Lenting thing is good for me too; teaches me...something.

Happy St Patricks Day!! Dressed in green (i wore a black skirt over the dress to go to work) and I'm rocking the hairstyle which has gotten the most comments.

I just started from my parting and rolled back (about an inch or two) round my head until I reached the back of my head (all the way to my ear) and had a side pony tail. I then roughly pinned my 'roll' and pony and quickly rolled the front part of hair (same side as pony) and tied up my hair. I then did a messy fishtail braid and TA DA!! I guess from the front it's like a pretend victory roll? I don't know, but that's where I got my inspiration from.

This is from dress down Friday at work. I think my hair is getting used to not being straightened as this is the same 'style' as the first pic posted. Washed, dried and straightened a tiny tiny bit at the front. You can tell from the pic that there's less frizz at the top (though the length is still a big bush but I'm getting used to it).

This is me from yesterday. I was just popping to the shops. Went for my classic big bun. I feel quite proud of myself that yesterday was the first day I reached for my doughnut. Because doing this style everyday would be such a cop out.

My aim for the next fortnight is to get to grips with the front braid - I've given myself 2 weeks because I've been attempting the front braid for ages and really can't do it. I think it's because I don't have a lot of hair on top so it never looks right. I might have to amend it slightly to suit my hair.

Hope Lent is going well for you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails