Saturday 16 April 2011

Don't bin it, bay it!

Hi Guys!!

I've been trying to sell stuff on ebay recently and it's going ok. I'm just trying to get rid of stuff and make a bit of money. The hard thing is trying not to buy junk to fill up the space I've made lol

I've had some successes; pictured below:

So far I put up probably 15 items in the past 30 days because there has been two free insertion days so I thought I would give it a go since it was free and I had nothing to lose.

My main problem is knowing how much to charge for p+p without ripping off the buyer and without short changing myself. What I'm doing is looking at similar items on sale to get an idea of how much to charge. I've had a few hits and misses but I think overall I've done ok.

I would like to make more of an effort with my packaging but at the moment I'm pretty much just stuffing the items into a padded envelope. One time (at band camp lol) I wrapped a dress in hot pink floral wrapping paper and lovingly popped it into the padded envelope but that buyer hasn't even left me feedback and it's been two weeks (I've got 50 stars 100% as of today yay me!!!) so I've gone back to shoving. I don't even write a note saying "here's your ebay item" but I figure that they must realise when they see the item.

Fingers crossed for another free insertion day soon because I have loooooads of junk to get rid of!!! Are you an ebay seller? Any tips for me?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails