Sunday 24 April 2011

Ombre hair

So I've been a bit bored with my hair lately. Colour is blah and cut is blah. Can't be bothered with any kind of fringe and still wanting it to grow longer so scissors = trim only, no layers, no nothing.

I can't really dye my hair because frankly and honestly, I am losing my hair. It's been happening for a while now (like maybe 2 years?) but now it's reached a point where I can't ignore it and some people (tactless from the shock I guess) have pointed out that I am going bald. Yes I am.

It's sad and scary. I need to see a doctor but I find all that jazz scary too. And plus, pills or special shampoo isn't really going to work miracles otherwise they'd be no bald people in the world!!!

This whole hair thinning thing is what made me decide to do the hair lenting thing. Unfortunately, less styling does not help the hair loss so......*shrugs*

Also, I'm trying to disguise the thinning (FFS the only thin part of me!!) by changing my parting about but it's not a great tactic as the thinning is all on top so eventually........... :(

FUCK. Typing this is making me want to cry. *deep breath in out in out in out*

Erm, so the actual point of this post: OMBRE HAIR!

I don't want to dye my whole head because I don't want to make things worse (not that there is evidence to suggest hair dye would make things worse but better to be safer then even more sorry!).

So I thought I could jump on the ombre hair band wagon. Loads of pro's to doing this:

  • I'll only be dying the ends so no scalp stress
  • As above, will only need to purchase one box of dye as opposed to two = save a bit of money
  • Don't need to worry about roots coming through (because it has taken me ages to grow out my colour)
  • Maybe I can try to go blond (.......or maybe not!)
Realistically I will probably end up with orange ends as per usual with any colour box dye but hey, orange is good. At least I'll get the 'want' out of my system!

If you aren't sure what I'm going on about please google image ombre hair. I don't want to post pics of celebs 'just in case'.

A lot of the images show a few inches of 'root' and then lightened hair but I am thinking most root and then colour from whatever hair is past my shoulders. I think that this will be easiest to do (tie my hair into a pony tail and dip the ends) and it will be easiest to upkeep.

I'm still in the thinking stage so.........we'll see, I'll keep you guys posted.

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails