Saturday 9 April 2011

Spring products

Three days of sun means a post on spring products is due!

The first product I've been meaning to blog about for a while now. Superdrugs' make up brand 'MUA' (Make up academy) - pressed powder. I only grabbed it in desperation because I'd hit pan on my clarins and didn't have time to go to a make up counter. As you can see from the pictures I have already hit pan - that's down to two things:

1) I use it to set my face everyday

2) It's kinda powdery (not on the face but the texture of the powder...hhhmmm powdery powder) so when you put your make up brush it loosens quite quickly. This might seem like a bad thing but this product was £1!!!!!!!!

It hasn't caused me to break out and despite being powdery it isn't cakey on the face. I've read review which says it smells like baby talc but a) I can't smell and b) talc isn't the worst smell, at least it doesn't smell like sardines right?

I am ready to repurchase this item. This one is Shade 3 - I probably needed a lighter shade but now that the sun is out Shade 3 is probably right for me now. Hey, at £1 I might splash out on two!! lol

Seriously though, this is the 3rd MUA product I've tried (this, 2 eyeshadows and a clear mascara that I use on my eyebrows - all £1) and I think they are amazing value and quality. I'd pay more and that is high praise indeed.

Spring time perfumes!! Even though I can't usually smell myself I put on perfume for other people. Work colleagues, people squashing me on the bus etc

My fav 'springy' scents at the moment are: [L] Katie Price's Stunning, which actually I haven't had a 'smell day' whilst wearing so no idea what this smells nice but I know it's light rather than musky; and [R]Hugo Boss' Orange which is fruity and fresh. I'm also using a lot of men's perfumes. I might do a little collection post.

Two hair products which I am using more or less everyday:

[black spray bottle] Tresemme's heat protectant. I usually use the Loreal Studio Hot Straight (which is great), but this had a few quid off and I fancied a change. So anyway, I am not a fan of Tresemme products (my mum uses the shampoo and condition and it doesnt work for me) but I really like this product. It has a nice fruity smell and the nozzle gives a nice light even spray and also covers a wide space which is good when you have longer hair because you don't want to overload your hair with product nor leave any of it unprotected. The only thing with this product I don't really like is the spray thing - I find it awkward to use the finger trigger (thats the best way I can describe it!) - which is funny because that's probably way it sprays out the product so well. I say, 4 out of 5 stars.

[white and gold spray] This is Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair - shine tonic. I've actually had this for about 2 years and never really used it. You're suppose to spray it onto your finished style to give a light shine without greasiness (kinda like hairspray without the hold!!!!) and I didn't use it because I was worried I would be tooo shiny (don't ask why I bothered buying it in the first place) but recently I have been using this a few times a week, it has been a very useful product in light of my hair lenting; it made the frizz nice and shiny lol. You can also use this product on towel dried hair as a sort of leave in conditioner detangler but again, you have to be careful of not being too shiny/greasy.

Don't you love just how colourful and bright these products are? Just having them on my dresser makes the world a bit more sunnier:)

Two lip and two hair products -

[clockwise from top left]

[carmex] This is a winner throughout the seasons. Soothes dry chapped winter lips, and adds a nice shine in the spring.

[cocoa butter vaseline lip therapy] I bought this just to try out and at first it was sitting in my drawer but now I really like it. I just apply it in the morning and at night, just a twist on a well loved product.

[twisted sista/urban therapy] I picked this up in poundland (for £1 duh!).What a gem!! A really thick serum that tames the frizz on straight and curly hair. I'd def recommend using this very very sparingly, a little goes a long way. You can use this on wet or dry hair. I've only used it to finish my style but its nice and gummy which I like. I pump a tiny tiny tiny drop into my palm and rub my hands together and then quickly and light swipe my hands over my hair.

[Batiste tropical] I've raved about this dry shampoo before but since it's spring now I'm using the tropical version which is suppose to have an exotic smell and does the same job as all the other versions.

all this Spring talk, isn't it Summer yet!?

What products do you use to make you feel spring-like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails