Sunday 14 August 2011

Summer Shower faves 2011

Summer Shower Faves 2011

I've been meaning to do a faves post for a while and so rather than wait until the end of August to do a August faves post I thought I would just do an overall Summer Faves for shower type products (body, face, hair) just to keep it short and sweet..

There's not much since I've been on a tight budget and plus I've tried not to duplicate stuff I've already mentioned.



[L - R ]

1 + 2: Heads & Shoulders Damage Rescue shampoo and conditioner. I've got a love/hate relationship with H&S. It doesn't irritate me but it does make my hair fall out... I usually use damage rescue or the pink one, 'smooth and silky'.

3: St Ives facial exfoliating scrub. Love this! This is some intense sandpaper feeling scrub. It makes me feel raw and clean. The only thing I feel that is lacking is a soapy feel, (or bubbles? lather? I dunno) which is fair enough since that's not what this product is about.

[skipped the Dove for 'flow' reasons]

5: Therefore when I am in need of some bubbles I use either Simple's facial wash or the product pictured - Superdrug's own brand 'deep action daily facial scrub'. I like this because it lathers and its got some 'stuff' in it (to exfoliate) and it leaves my face feeling cool and fresh

[and back to Dove]

4: Dove's 'go fresh' nourishing body wash. This is mega gorgeous! And I've had my smell back twice using this and it smells lovely in the shower and it leaves my skin feeling nice and fruity too. I could eat this!

[L - R]

1: (Ok, I don't apply eye cream in the shower but I thought I'd chuck this into the post for the hell of it!)

I posted about this in my avon haul a while ago but only started using it about 2 weeks ago since finishing my clinique rich eye cream. I don't know if it's any good yet and if it will save me from dark circles and puffy eyes but a) it hasn't irritated my eye area and b) I find the two step process fun. Yeah I'm lame.

2: Yes that is a deodorant. It's the Sure Crystal Clear Diamond. This might seem a weird reason for it making it to my faves list but I love the way the spray nozzle is designed. Yup, that is way it's a fave. I have no comment on scent or if it stops you getting sweaty and smelly but I shall repurchase for the nozzle!

3+4: Loreal Full Restore 5 shampoo and conditioner. I brought this to switch out with my H&S because of the hair loss. I picked this because it was on a bogof at superdrugs and thought that the hair loss couldn't get much worse.

Let me just say - it did not make me lose more hair - i think the hair loss actually stopped/minimised. Loreal Elvive Full Restore 5 did what it said, my hair was looking fabulous. People were actually saying "wow your hair is looking nice". It looked healthier and shinier and less damaged.

However however however. My scalp was effed up. Itch itch itch scratch scratch scratch!!!

I wash my hair every other day apart from the weekend where if I'm not going out/seeing anyone then I go the two days unwashed and usually in olive oil. Anyway! When using Loreal 5 I needed to (but I didn't.) wash my hair everyday otherwise it looked like it was snowing on my shoulders you know what I'm saying?! The reason why I didn't just wash everyday was because I didn't want to handle my hair more than I needed to due to hair loss and drying out my straw head.

Er....so why is this in my faves?! Cos it was good. Not everyone has my scalp so I would recommend this to my friends.

*************

So that's it for my Summer shower faves!

Feel free to share your's below :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails