Sunday 21 October 2012

Product review - (eye) make up remover

Garnier's simply essentials soothing 2 in 1 make-up remover. I picked this up at Superdrugs and it was on promotion so I paid about £1.60.

I'd run out of my beloved tesco eye make up remover and needed something to use until I did my next online grocery shop.

Many moons ago I'd use baby oil but where I wear so much eye make up usin baby oil is a messy and time consuming process. I just end up smearing crap everywhere. So I'm not fussy or snobby when it comes to eye make up remover but I do need something quite strong but at the same time suitable for my sensitive skin.

This promised to remove water proof make up yet contained no alcohol or perfume and it was cheap so I chimed it into my basket.

It's one of those formulas that you have to shake to activate. I really enjoy doing this. The liquid is half blue and half clear and then after you shake it it's all one colour.

Squirt some onto a cotton pad and wipe away.

Pros:
This works really fast and you dot have to rub, just a firm wipe works.
No irritation - no redness, no dryness, no stinging. A joy to use

Cons:
I hate the...top? The squirty out bit
Of the lid. About 87% of the time when I'm trying to squirt some remover onto my cotton pad I'll end up soaked.

This isn't a terrible con but the product is a tiny bit greasy. With the tesco remover it was like using water. This I e leaves a slight film on your skin. Which actually feels moisturising and plus you'd cleanse afterwards anyway but I thought I'd mention it because the first week of using this daily it did annoy me a bit but I don't notice now.

So....would I recommend?

Well I've already repurchased another one even though I've got plenty left so yes I'd definitely recommend.

In the future I'll probably go back to the tesco one just because it's cheaper. But I've used lancome's and Clinique's before and garnier is just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails