Sunday 8 September 2013

Girl gone wild (ombre) again!

Hello hello.....so we meet again.

A total impulse move but I decided on Thursday that I wanted my ombre to be lighter. I had V sleeping over aka live in hairdresser.

There was a 2 for £10 deal in Boots on Jerome Russell products (so I saved about 10p!) soI picked up the blonding kit in medium lift [above picture] and a colour toner [picutred somewhere below]. Sorry about the box - V is an animal :) She did tell me to google image a nice box but I thought that I would keep it real. 

So we brushed out my hair and V mixed up the blonding kit and put it on my hair where it was already ombred, she then wrapped it in foil and she pinned it up to keep it out of the way. Not sure if I mentioned it last time but keeping it wrapped keeps things hot, and heat helps the chemicals to really do the business.

No pictures cos it gets a bit icky but after 30 mins V removed the foil and I rinsed my hair using the conditioning shampoo supplied in the box. We could already tell at this point that my hair was Barbie blonde. V's reaction was "holy f**k!!!".
[above - colour toner]

I towel dried and brushed my hair again and then V plopped the colour toner on my blonde hair. 

V wrapped my hair in clingfilm and I blow dried the cling filmed bit for 5 minutes and then left it for....I can't remember....maybe 20-30 mins? I then got back into the shower and washed my hair using my normal shampoo and conditioner. The best news at this point is that my hair wasn't feeling all melted and dead and weird. 


So erm....yeah.....this is my hair. The blonding kit worked!!! This is blow dried not straightened; not sure if my hair csn take 230 degrees heat at the moment.  (Sorry abut my nightie!! lol)


Friday morning I was still blonde and I was still scared to straighten it so I did a fishtail braid. I had people pulling at it thinking it was a clip in plait. I had people ask if I had extensions. And I had a lot of looks at horror.

I honestly don't know how I feel about my hair as a whole. I'm really happy with the colour just for the fact that I never thought I could be this blond. I'm really impressed with the products used. As a whole? It's not ombre at its best is it? Oh well. It's only hair!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails