Sunday 27 October 2013

[UPDATED} Pure coconut Oil - as a balm cleanser / make up remover

Hi Guys - A short while back I did a post on how much I was loving using pre coconut oil on my hair - and I still do.

I've read quite a bit on how good coconut oil is as a balm cleanser/make up remover but was worried it would cause some sort of reaction. There's a few tutorials you can look up where essential oils are  added but these tend to cause me to break out so I just want in raw. I was really bored so that's why I decided to do this - maybe I should get a hobby. 

HOW TO:

Scooped out some coconut oil and whacked it on my face.
Rubbed it around my face
Rubbed some more on my eyes and gently massaged eyelids
Rubbed lashes between thumb and finger
Used face wipe to get rid of oily residue
Washed face as normal
I've done this 3 times now - it looks super messy - but that mess is just the mess that was already on your face!  I found it easy to wipe off and it left my skin feeling nice (not oily). However, however! I've noticed a few red spots on my cheeks. Now, we all know I' m spottier than Spot the dog but these are different - so I've given it a rest for the moment, I have some important stuff coming up but once that's over I'm going to give it another go. I think as a weekend cleanse it shouldn't be too bad for me.

Have you given this a go? Any good? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails