Saturday 28 December 2013

Xmas 2013 haul: non beauty products


Hi Everyone!

Hope you had a brilliant Christmas. I had a fantastic day with my family, and I did really really well with my presents!
Usually I ask Santa Claus to bring me money but this year I didn't - because instead of buying myself a treat I end up spending it on something boring like the gas bill. So anyways, I got lots of stuff which I really appreciate and of which I'm sharing with you now. I've split the post into two: one (this one) of my non beauty type products and the other post will be beauty type products. (Also, big up to my brother for all my Ikea goodies which I've already shared with you previously). 





Egg cups! I've lived in Penny Palace for 5 years and have never owned any egg cups. It's one of those things you don't think of and then everytime I eat a boiled egg I curse my sieve brain for forgetting to buy them the previous time. This cute set has a couple of cable knit patterned egg cups, little spoons and egg warmers!!!

I received a few traditional presents - and my favourite are always my earmuffs. At what age will I be too old to wear earmuffs? These knitted and furry earmuffs are from M&S and I can't wait to wear them.

This present might look a bit familiar to a few of you - because a part from asking Santa from one, I also got a few to give to my loved ones cos I think it's brilliant! What is it? It's a 5 year journal and each date asks a different question. So for example, it will say January 1st at the top and then a question (e.g. What are you wearing today?) and then there are 5 sections with 20__ heading each. So I'll write 14 into the __ this Jan 01, answer the question, next year I'll write 15 and answer the same question, year after 16 and answer the same question...I hope that made sense? So over the 5 years you will see what you've written in the years before. I think it's a great way to capture your 'youness' over a period of time - a brilliant way to remember life. 

I've had this blog for 5 years and I still can't figure out how to edit my pics - sorry for the upside down pic - but I got this beautiful recipe book "Around the world in 80 dishes". The pictures are gorgeous and the steps look easy to follow,and it's sprinkles with bits and pieces from Jules Verne's wonderful Around the world in 80 days. It's hefty book for a girl with a hefty appetite - I'm really looking forward to working my way through this.

I got a cute 'P' keyring - this is another traditional gift I always get every year and I love it. 

Cupcake calendar - can't go wrong with a calendar for Christmas!

 I got feet - I need socks!

I got two Neom candles - the vanilla & sandalwood, and  a jasmine, ginger & sandalwood one. My mum's youtube addiction has finally paid off! I don't think I can bring myself to burn these - but they are so fragranced that I think just having them out gives a nice scent. 

And........I got a whole bunch of Monica Vinader goodies!!!!!!! I shall show and tell in seperate posts.


I hope that Santa got you the stuff you wanted, and most importantly,
I hope you all got to spend the day with loved ones xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails