Saturday 29 March 2014

Recipe - Chocolate and banana brownies

Hi Guys!

I had some super duper over ripe bananas hanging around so decided to make chocolate and banana brownies. I used a brownie mix, but you could do this from scratch if you wanted. I'm a bad cook and I don't really like banana's but this was so easy and a great way to use up food that I would have just chucked in the bin. And even though this is by no way healthy it made me feel good to think I was getting some fruit into me. Does this count as one of my five a day? Do I care?

What I did:

Pre heated my oven according to the packet instructions

Greased a cake tin

Put my bananas in a bowl and mashed them. Truth be told they were so so ripe they came out the skin already mashed lol

I then dumped my dry brownie mix on top and gave it a good mix with a wooden spoon. As you can see from the picture, the mashed banana acts as a substitute for any water/oil you usually add. Cos I'm a greedy cow I did add vegetable oil anyway, but instead of 4 tablespoons I just added 1 1/2 to make it extra moist and glossy.

I then poured the gooey mix into the cake tray and popped it into the oven.

Once the time was done I took it out the oven and let it cool for about 20 seconds and then I ate it.

THE END. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails