Wednesday 28 May 2014

Mini drugstore haul + Loreal Infallible 24h foundation review


Hi Guys!

Picked up some stuff at Boots and Superdrug the other day.

First up is the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - if you tink you've seen this here before you are right. This is my second brush. I loved it so much that I had to get another one. I use this every day to apply my foundation. I love how dense it is and its so easy to use. It washes beautifully. I keep one on my vanity and one in my handbag. (rrp £9.99 but I got mine as part of Boots 3 for 2 promo).

At the moment I'm using Loreal's True Match and since it hasn't broke me out I thought I'd give another Loreal foundation a go.

In all honesty I meant to pick up Infallible 16h but picked up Infallible 24h instead but its all god in the hood. I got mine in shade 140, Golden Beige.

RRP around £9.99 but again, mine was part of the 3 for 2 promo (third and free item is not shown here...picked up Falsies mascara, review to come once I use it!)

Back to the foundation:

It's slighty thicker than True Match and I much prefer this consistency. It's a medium to full coverage I say and it blends really well. It looks great on my skin when 'i first put it on: not cakey, not too matte but not shiny.

However, considering its called Infallible 24h I'm not too impressed with its staying power. The positive point is that it fades well and isn't patchy, but the negative point is that it wears off toooooo quickly. The (slightly) warmer weather probably isn't helping but  this stuff just vanishes off my face I feel.

I like this and don't regret giving it a go but definitely won't be repurchasing this. If you are less sweaty/oily maybe this will work for you?

On that note, would anyone recommend I still try Infallbile 16h? 

Random purchase but it was on clearance for £1.75 at Superdrugs. If you can still get your hands on this I would definitely recommend this night cream.

I have used Superdrug's Optimum line before and its so so but this Line Decrease night cream is like heaven. So smooth on the skin and leaves my face feeling plump and hydrated when I wake up.

Due to the clearance price I assume they are discontinuing this product and I can't imagine why. I wish I had picked up more when I had the chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails