Wednesday 26 November 2014

Hair products I'm currently using


Hi guys!

Since going AWOL in June I've had a slight change up in the hair products I am using. Just change for the sake of change. Here are my thoughts :)

I always need some sort of hair serum or oil to be able to comb through my wet hair. I am currently using got2b's "oil-licious" styling oil. Despite the cringey name, this is a decent product. I do really like got2b/Schwarzkopf  products. This hair oil (gifted by mummy so not sure how much it was but goggle would suggest around the £4 mark)does the job well without being too oily. Initially I was using one pump but even if I get too excited and use 2 pumps my hair is still manageable and doesn't feel overloaded with crap.

I don't often use these types of products through my hair when it is dry, but on the few occassions that I have, again, it doesn't leave my hair looking overly oily. (If I do use this on dry hair, I go for not even one pump...teeny tiny is the way to go.)

Next up we have a product that I never thought I'd be writing about on this blog - hair mousse!

The last time I used hair mousse I would have been in secondary school #90skid Wow. Seriously though, hair mousse and gel were the way forward 15 years ago (omg I am old whaaaaaaaat) and everytime I think of hair mousse the word that springs to mind is "crispy". Second word would be, "crunchy". Third word, "no".

But then I heard whispers that hair mousse in the 00's (is that what we call it? I'm confused. The 2000's?) was no longer about crispy and crunchy and so I thought, let me be the brave warrior I am and give it a go.

V05 is often on 2 for £5 in superdrugs so I picked up this Plump it up mousse with my usual heat defense spray. The heat defense spray long finished before I worked up the guts to use the mousse.

I imagined that the first day would be ok but I was more fearful of day 2 hair.

So?
I like it. A lot.

I won't say I love it because I don't use it after every wash but I do reach for it often. This doesn't give me a ton of volume but maybe it poofs me up a bit. but I do like the overall extra control it has on my hair without weighing it down or looking greasy. And when I wake up the day after, my hair isn't much worse than it would normally be (I'm also a bit oily at the roots on day 2 no matter what).

Mousse in general - I will definitely be buying more mousse products in the future. Yay mousse. 

Superdrug has a new (?) own brand hair styling product line out.

I decided that you couldn't go wrong with a 2 for £4 offer so I got two heat defense sprays.

To be fair, I am no expert,  I just assume it is trying its best to defend my hair from heat damage and aside from that, it doesn't do much else.

I am never too sure if this is the sort of product that is better the more money you spend on it.
If you read my blog you will know that I am no brand/product snob, but I know for sure that the more you spend on washing up liquid, hairspray and mayonnaise, the better. I am happy buying a ton of stuff from the 99p store, but when it comes to the aforementione products, it has got to be Fairy, Elnett and Heinz. Heat defense spray? I dunno.

My heart kinda tells me I don't like this particular product. It stings my scalp, but so does Bumble & Bumbles thickening spray and I'm on my second (makes me wanna die expensive) bottle (thanks V!).

I just don't like it. I can't put it into words. (Shit blogger).

On that note, can any recommend me some heat defense sprays and mousse (volume) please?

Thank you for reading xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails