Wednesday 28 January 2015

Mascara review - Bourjois Volume Clubbing Ultra Black Mascara (waterproof)


Hi Guys!

Another review of a brilliant Bourjois product - Bourjois Volume Clubbing Ultra Black Mascara (~i waterproof of course).

Got this from Boots for £7.99 and as the name would suggest, it is a black waterproof mascara that gives volume.

Once upon a time I already tried a very similar mascara from the same range and I loved it (something about it being great for foam parties?!) so when I saw this I knew it would be great - and I was right.

Firstly, not sure about waterproof, I didn't get to stand under a waterfall (or attend a crazy foam party) but it took me through many sweaty tube journeys and a few crying sessions without smudging or running so bravo.

The brush is substantial in size - not those massive things bigger than my eye, but nice and chunky. Short dense hairs but they didn't go all round the wand (tried to capture that in the photo but it's just black on black so....fail). Deposited a healthy amount of mascara on my short stubby lashes and definitely made them more voluminous.

As the product dried out slightly (I love a dry formula) the volume only got more intense. Admittedly, I am at the stage where my lashes are starting to clump together and I can't really see through them anymore (I know. Skank), so now I like to use this in conjunction with a lengthening/thinner mascara. BAM!

Love this and would recommend if you like a thick and slightly clumpy lash - hhhmmm that doesn't make it sound to great but it is exactly what I like in a mascara and I know I am not alone!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails