Saturday 24 January 2015

Foundation review - Bourjois Healthy Mix


Hi guys,

I am here today with my thoughts on the oh-so popular Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation.

Let me start by saying that I resisted the hype for ages - the other reviews were so positive I assumed it had to all be lies. How could nearly everyone love this product so much? It honestly made me suspicious and admittedly I've never seriously considered Bourjois as a make up brand I could use on my face so I was just full of negativeness and resistance.

Well well well, I eat my words and negative thoughts. This is good stuff. Good like, the photo is an image of my second bottle!! Now, anytime an item is repurchased is proof enough that it is great, and when a blogger  repurchases (ok, no one read mine but I do like to try new stuff even if it means having to move away from a great product) that is the ultimate sign of greatness.

I got this from Boots and it's around £9.99 (and it is on promotion right now, buy one Bourjois product and get the second one 1/2 price - just saying!). I got the shade 54 - beige (both times).

Healthy Mix gives a great finish - light but with medium coverage and it fades down evenly so you're not left looking dry and patchy. The bottle says something about 16hours - that is a lie, but it does last around 7 hours so enough to get you through most of the working day. I just touch up my blemishes.red areas before I go home per usual.

It is really easy to work with and blend out - it isn't overly liquidy but it isn't too thick either. If you were new to applying foundation this would be a good place to start as it's consistency does give you plenty of time to work with.

The reason why I said at the beginning that I didn't consider Bourjois as a brand for me* is because I was worried they're face products would break me out. I have no idea why I thought like this, but I did. My lost! I am pleased to report that after two bottles this did not cause me any redness or break outs so bravo Bourjois.

(*That being said, regular readers will know that I absolutely love love love their mascaras! And my mum seems to love the and brand  has gifted me with a few blush pot things (not a love) and a few eye shadow palettes - massive love!)

Anyway, let's talk about the shade. This is extremely subjective but a) not impressed with the shade range generally - naughty naughty bourjois!) shade 54 is probably a smidgen smidgen smidgen bit too light for me but nothing noticeable. Let's be realistic, I always have this problem and for a tenner I'm not too bothered at all.

I usually end with - would I recommend/repurchase and I think it is quite obviously that I would say YES and YES!

I won't repurchase a 3rd bottle just because I do need to eventually move on and try new stuff, but I admit I am already sad about having to move on. Bourjois Healthy Mix - you made me eat my words, but you have proved trusty and true!

Honestly, if you are looking for a new everyday foundation to try out - try this!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails