Tuesday 19 January 2010

2010 'Must Haves'

I'm planning to go (window) shopping with my mum tomorrow so thought i'd googled '2010 must haves' and ended up on www.style.com and so I'd thought I'd give my view on style.com's picks:

1. A Digital Print

Me no likey. I think prints date clothes, and also truthfully I am the plainest, most boring dresser ever so digital prints really don't rock my boat. (is that the right saying?)

2. Something Sporty

Haha sporty? I can't utilise my Davina exercise DVD cos i don't have trainers or sports clothes so sport fashion is just a no.

3. A Touch of Military

This is a look I would be interested to play with. A do-able colour palette (I'm thinking khaki, caramels, slate greys) is great. However, a big no for me is too structured (wrong body shape, too much flab) so I would be rocking this look with lux fabrics, so silks(ish) and soft wools, drapey cottons. Or I could rock like most of East London's 'yoof' and carry a big gun.

4. Spring Leather

This thought process is based on me being able to afford leathers in the first place ok? I would definitely not do leather t shirts. I couldn't even do last seasons silk t shirts. And even a leather skirt throws up bad bad images. I'm not sure if this counts towards the trend but I'd really want a soft leather jacket, the type all saints churn out season after season.

5. Innerwear as Outerwear

Despite the aforementioned flab I'm really looking forward to this trend. This was around a few years ago and I really embraced it (my mum wasn't impressed though). And with the right pieces I can wear it to the office too, but generally speaking I'd wear innerwear as outerwear casually, so maybe a silk and lace cami with a boyfriend cardigan over the top with skinny jeans and then a pair of chunky army boots (there you go! - a touch of military mixed in there!).

6. Makeup Colors

I've heard this for ages and I am ready (even GMTV go on about it) - if you don't know what make up colours mean, it means nudes and pastels, the golden globes had a lot great examples (I loved emily blunt and drew barrymore's dresses).

I've got an array of nudey shoes waiting for a ray of sunshine. The latest is primark nude ballet pumps studded with gold. Tres good, i bought 6 pairs.

7. Something Wild

I was actually thinking about this today. Loooooooads of people in the office are wearing various prints. I would really like to have maybe a print cardi, but not sure if it works with my lard arse? I think an animal print will be my focus on tomorrows shopping trip.

8. A Scuba Look

Basically this seasons version on bodycon. Erm, NO.

9. Denim

I never realised denim was out! I will be sticking to skinny jeans. My focus will be to get a denim dress shirt or denim/linen mix oversized shirt (just realised I already have one but the colour is odd......denim is too blue for me). I remember when I was younger I always wanted a denim jacket but i was chunky and nothing was ever right. Then one day I found one that (i thought) was right, and it had a sequin union jack sewn on the waist bit and i was so happy. And I loved it and wore it with everything. I cringe looking back. But i cringe a lot when i think about my clothes. Gosh, i'm cringing about what i wore to work today!

10. Clogs

NO!! (Edit: I've changed my mind....I'm ready to embrace clogs and that will be on my shopping list tomorrow too....the reason why i've changed my mind is cos i am in love with the clunky shoe at the moment and it really works with my tree trunk legs so i think clogs will be good).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails