Saturday 23 January 2010

Fly me to the moon

Hello!

Well firstly, there was no shopping trip the other day. And it was sad beyond the 'i didn't get to buy anything' reason. It was my mums birthday and on our birthdays we (mum, me and brother) always take a day off work and just hang out, eat, argue. Nice quality time. I ended up sitting in my frozen shoe box (when i could have been warm at work - i love work, yes i am sad) just waaaaaaaaaaaiting, while my mum cleaned the house and bought stuff in preparation for relatives visiting from Thailand the next day. Noone should have to do house stuff on their birthday. Poor mummy. We had dinner at nearly 9pm that night together, which was yummy but lame cos everyone was tired and grumpy.

I also took off today from my other job to hang with my mum but then she is working, so then i said i'd go do tourist stuff with my relatives then i ended up sick.

so just sitting at home, washing machine broke. had a tantrum and mini flood. then fixed washing machine. need to eat lunch soon (its 4pm) but waiting for the kitchen floor to get a bit more dry.

very angry that i 'wasted' annual leave. i am so bad at using annual leave, last year out of the 22 days we had i had 13 days left, they only let me carry over 10 days, so i lost 3 days (i did ask for it off before my cut off date but they said i couldnt cos of business requirements - major p*ssed off), so then this time round i have 25 days (cos i've been there a year now) plus my 10 = 35days annual leave and minus the days i've taken from today til july 31st i have 30 days left!!!!!!!! technically, i could take 5 days off every month - how amazing would that be!? it would be major amazing if i had a holiday planned this year. might go thailand in june, but thats usually a last minute thing, and realistically i cant imagine having money to go/if i did have enough money i could spend it on something much more practical. well, who knows, come summer something amazing may have happened and i could fly to the moon!

another reason for my vast annual leave is simply, i hate going away. i am a homebody and very much a comfort girl. i hate being in a place where i don't know where the cleanest toilet cubicle is or what brand of bleach is being used. my mum is always wanting to go places and after a lot of uming and aaahhhing i end up 'left' behinf while she goes with my brother. it is a bit crap cos it restricts thing and the family really want a family holiday type thing but argh goosebumps no thanks!!!

i really like my own space and my own company, which also doesnt make for a good holiday-lover/traveller. ~(Actually, in my defense, i travel really well, you have to when you are a comfort obsessed control freak - ask stephen and ruth) And actually the travelling bit is my favourite bit (apart from when there was a liquid ban).

but enough of no-holiday talk.

next blog is a Q&A taken from The Guardian x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails