Sunday 31 January 2010

(Beauty) Products I Regret Buying

You know I don't like to use the word 'regret' but let's just say I
won't be purchasing these products again.

I don't actually have anything that springs up to mind so I'm just
going to go through all my stuff and I'll try to do a combo of price
points.

Please bear in mind that the following are my personal views and
experiences. If u love a product I didn't, good for you, you got your
moneys worth!

Ok first up is Cliniques make up brush cleanser. It was about £11-12
for 8floz. Don't get me wrong, this is a good product. It does exactly
what it says on the tin; the reason why I regret buying it (3 bottles
in one go, still on 1st bottle and it's been 8months) is because I can
get the same effect using baby shampoo. Personally I won't ever buy
any sort of official make up brush cleanser again because using baby
shampoo is just as good.

Next up is collection 2000's volume sensation mascara. Again, it's not
an awful product but it's not for me. The brush is tooooo big for my
lil lashes. Obviously the brush is suppose to be big, that's it's USP
but I won't be repurchasing that particular one. (there's a whole
range of these volume sensations and they differ in brush size, I went
for the biggest one so maybe I'll get the next size down cos the
formulation was nice).

This is a weird one. I actually love it now but when I got it in June
2009 I hated it and I've only just been using it for the last 2 weeks!
It's cliniques redness solution instant relief mineral powder. It's
basically a yellow powder to hide redness. I didn't like it because
basically it totally screwed up my foundation and made me look like a
simpson aka more yellow then I am. BUT I was using the crap little
brush that comes with the pot. Now I put it on with my beloved mac
kabuki and it works. It lessens the yellow but I still look the same
(u know what I mean!).

Next is another clinique product (it's
My fav brand, but it's a bit worrying so many products are regret
buys!!! But in terms of ratio it makes sense, since u mostly own
clinique it is gonna mostly be clinique that I love or
hate.)....anyway, it's the line smoothing concealer in 04 medium. It's
too thick. If ur a concealer wearer u know what I mean. Nuff said!

Collection 2000 shimmer and shade in 'pink me up'. I imagine that this
is a lively product. But for me it makes me look like I've got acid on
my face. The shimmer bit is nice but the shade colour is bad. Makes me
looked sunburned. This would be better for a girl with nice acne free
skin :(

Pussycat cheek&lip tint by mememe. I bought this thinking it was a dup
for benefits benetint but Its more like toilet water with red food
colouring in it. It tastes awful. And the colour pay off is shite.
It's a third cheaper then benetint but it'd still a waste of money.

Ok that's it I think. Comment below, what do u regret buying and why?
Do u agree or disagree with my choices?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails