Sunday 17 January 2010

I heart petroleum jelly

I'm gonna just bang out more lists of what I love in the format of "Affordable Treat, Luxury Spree, Latest Buy and Can't Live Without and I Want Want Want", and I'll do 1) beauty 2) fashion....let's go:

Affordable Treat

1) Cheapy lipsticks. A pretty pink or nude for under £6 is such a nice treat. Rimmel, GOSH or Barry M are def my pick me up cheap treat. And if it's cheap enough red, hot pink or even orangey (pinky corals to be fair!!) lipsticks have been know to be hiding in my make up drawer.

2) Alice bands. I like wearing an aliceband, reminds me of when I was a little girl and had a million hairbands complete with ribbon, bells, little satin pillows and the like. Nowadays my alice bands are much more modest but still get that happy feeling. And I usually stock up at Primark or Claire's so thats only a few quid to put a smile on my face.

Luxury Spree

1) Toss up between Origins Mega Mushroom face serum (£50 a bottle, stinks, but is fantastic) or my beloved MAC kabuki brush which was $51 but I use it every single day.

2) Louis Vuitton. I know it is such a chavvy brand now but I've been rocking this forever. I even carried an LV at primary school (for a few weeks til my mum threw a fit - my dad use to walk us to and from school and never noticed). I would rather buy a bag then spend that money on a holiday. A holiday might be a week or 10 months but an LV bag lasts for life and can be passed on (as my lovely mother did for me). If I've only got a few hundred to totally spare (which i sadly can't imagine having for the next few years!) then I'd buy a purse. Giant zip around is my favourite kind, and I have the epi, canvas and a red vernis (which is tacky beyond belief actually but i love it).

Latest Buy

1)Er..I got some tea tree facewash for 98p in Wilkinsons on Friday. But 'proper' beauty wise I haven't bought anything since Xmas, and that was only a Collection 2000 volumising mascara and 'blush' rimmel lipstick. Boring :(

2) Yesterday I bought a stripy cream and navy cotton cardi, no idea what i am going to wear it with, saving it for the spring. I got a dark navy silk mix shawl neck cardi, wanted it in grey but my friend Cara got the last big size, gutted, but loving the navy too. I got a dress....I can't even say what colour it is.....I guess simply it is a light silvery blue/denimy colour...it is smart, high round neck, gathered waist, cutest big pockets. If i was a bit more tech savvy I'd post a pic. Maybe one day! Erm, I also got 2 light grey merino cardis (I told you i love cardigans!!!!!!), one in a normal fitting and one is a mens, so it's jsut big and baggy and great. So those are my latest fashion buys. (courtesty of credit card btw!)


Can't Live Without

1) Vaseline!!!!!!!!!! My lips love it. So do my eyebrows. So do my dry eyelids. Great for static hair. A lifesaver if you've not got any handcream. I've even been known to eat a bit when i'm really hungry (true fact!)

2) Cardigans. I can't live without my cardigans, especially my Gap merino cardigans. One of the best things about living by myself is that my mum no longer shrinks my cardigans in the wash!!! Many tears and tantrums.

I want want want
(Golly gosh i want so much I could name 139144 things!)

1) I want the whole MAC make up brush collection. And I want one of those little apron/rolly things to keep them in. And then I want all the bronzer/blusher thingys from Benefit (Hula etc).

2)I want a Miu Miu Vitello leather tote in any colour (£750 for the medium, wouldn't mind the large either for £795 if you are feeling generous lol), the Chloe Paraty Pylon (£1895) in either black or tan (or both!!) and the Alexa Mulberry (don't know how much, probably more then the £5 I can afford). I'll stop there otherwise we'll be here forever!!!! Ooooh actually, one more slightly more realistic want - a pair of Hunters wellies, any colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails