Saturday 20 February 2010

..brown paper packages tied up in string...

...these are a few of my favourite things...

Hello! So my last few blogs have either been blah blah or boo hoo, so
the next two blogs are going to be around my favourite things and
things that fill my heart with sunshine :) As you cam probably guess
from the title, this blog is going to cover some of my fav things.
Let's get started...

One of my favourite musicals is the sound of music. When I was younger
I had this on a tape and for some reason it missed the ending...I got
the bit where the Nazis are after them and the blonde dude (the eldest
girls beau) sees them hiding and then the tape skips to when they're
on the moutain top. So I went through my entire childhood not knowing
that captain Von trapp had been shot. Can u imagine how gutted I was
when I found out?! I liked my version much much better. But despite
the confusion I love the songs and the characters. And of course the
curtain outfits!

My favourite Disney cartoon was the little mermaid. I wish I was ariel
but unfortunately I'm more a flounder. Or if u were being mean, I'm
more like the sea witch :( Again, loved the songs but my main reason
for loving this was because I fancied the pants of prince eric. Is it
weird to fancy a cartoon character? Cos I like a lot of them! Lol

My favourite item of clothing as regular readers will know is the
cardigan. I feel sorry for people who live in warmer climates and who
have sun all year round because they can't really appreciate the true
joy and genius of the humble cardigan. I won't list my reasons because
I've said it a million times, but we all know that cardigans kick ass!

My favourite fizzy drink is fanta red in thailand, from a bottle and
never a can. I'm making this distinction because I know some dodgy
shops in the uk sell the canned version and it tastes like tinned
syrup, which isn't terrible but not fantastic. One of my favourite
reasons for going to thailand is so that I can drink gallons of the
stuff.

My favourite footwear I've ever owned are my office ankle boots
'journeys end'. They are tan leather and cut very very low (kinda like
trainer socks!) an they are gorgeous. People always compliment them
and they are so versatile and make even my legs look a bit longer. I
loved them so much I bought 5 pairs in total (they were expensive to
me so I didn't bulk buy but i regret not buying another 10 because
they don't do them anymore). I'm holding onto one last pair but they
are battered belong belief and no longer draw compliments but odd
looks but I don't care. I want to be buried in them.

Favourite Internet site....this is a toughie!! Well for internet
whatever (cos that's a search engine not a site?) then google is the
best thing ever (go google big jugs!!!) but otherwise...ooohhh it's
between YouTube and facebook but I can't decide. (I would have also
thrown in Twitter as a contender cos I really like the concept but it
sucks when no one cares what you're tweeting, might as well keep
talking to myself and save cyber space).

Favourite item of stationary is post-it notes!!! I heart post-it notes
in a big way. What I like doing is writing on little post-it's and
sticking them in my diary because I don't like writing on the actual
diary page in case something changes. A waste of time but hey, my diary!

Favourite dessert...I have a simple (and unbreakable) rule when I'm
choosing a dessert. I always have to pick the most chocalatey one. So
if I'm craving jelly and custard but there's chic fudge cake then I
have to get the cfc. It's sometimes hard to follow the rule but I know
its the right thing to do. Hhmm...I didn't name an actual fav dessert
and I don't want to discriminate
so sorry.

Okie doke that's it. I'm sure I'll be revisiting this topic again one
day but until then, what are some of your favourite things?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails