Monday 15 February 2010

Hair care


(Photo from 2008...and between then and my last hair cut I only had one trim....so you can imagine how long my hair was at the last cut, and how crispy!!)

So as we all know, I'm suffering from extra crispy hair. For the past
week ish (argh I can't remember what day I started!!) I've been laying
offf the hair straighteners. If I really have to i do the front
section but I think that's only been once, mostly I've just been
rocking some super grunge hair lol

Seriously though it's not so bad as I thought. I have had two days of
brush back alice band and ponytail combo (which I know isn't a sin but
I've got a shite hairline so it is terrible on me) but I've also had a
few days of 'interesting' hair. And a few questions asking if I had a
weave or extensions in. I don't know if that's good or bad.

Oh yeah I did a big messy bun on Monday and didn't tell u the results.
It was easy to do and it stayed put all day (leaned slighty to the
right but nvm) but I got strange looks alllll day. And it wasn't
paranoia cos it was also coupled with a lot of, "....er...I like ur
hair" or the dreaded "oh new hair" which doesn't even commit to a love
or hate.

A said that she loved it, "very Audrey Hepburn". Which was nice and
appreciated but at the same time, I know that audrey was not a short
fat yellow girl with a frizz ball attached to the top of her head. I
had a black shift and pearls on though so maybe that's what confused
her lol

Also, because I'm not 'doing' my hair I find that my routine has
changed slightly. Normal I have it out on day one and up on day two
but now it's vice versa; I have it up usually a bun or pony with the
front pinned back and the second day I have it out a bit wavy and the
front plaited or pinned. It's not really good or work but I like
having my hair a bit wavy. Go with what nature intended!

But despite the long week hair still crispy so Saturday after work I
put olive oil in my hair and didn't wash it out til Monday morning!!!
Conditioner of hair is better but still crispy. I wasn't expecting a
miracle but was hoping for a bit more softness and shine :(

Well Ive asked S to speak to her cousin who cuts hair and hopefully
she'll give me a trim soonish. The thing I'm worried about is how much
to take off. I want to keep it long and trying to grow out the layers
but I can't just have 1inch off, for it to get rid of the crispiness
I'll have to lop off prob at least 5inches and that's saaaaad (to be
honest only a skinhead style would get rid of all thesamage I've
inflicted!)

So what do u do to treat ur hair? Any miracle products or even home
made potions you swear by? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails