Saturday 27 February 2010

Hair today gone tomorrow

On the way home from work. On the bus stuck in traffic. I can't
believe we pay so much for public transport and it sucks. District,
jubilee, circle, victoria and central lines having problems (and
probably more lines but try don't effect me). But the amazing thing is
that I was 3minutes early for my shift despite taking a new route
thinking I was smart not realising it was a one way road so instead of
being able to get a bus I had to walk half way but never mind.

Work was great. The interviews were good. For lunch I went to the
Chinese buffe by myself. I don't think the staff there have ever seen
anyone eat so fast lol I know I'm suppose to be saving money but to be
honest by te time I fill up my basket in sainsburys the Chinese works
out to be cheaper.

Early in the day I got a call from S asking if I wanted my hair cut
today (her cousin cuts hair and I've been saying I wanted her to do
mine since oct/nov!) and so I said yes. And then spent the rest of the
day panicing! I'm glad it was a random thing and not planned cos I
probably wouldve chickened out.

So that's my big news of the day! I wanted E to cut my hair cos she
has long hair and I know she loves it so I knew she wouldn't be too
generous with the definition of an inch (like when you ask for 2
inches off and they cut off 6, if I wanted 6 inches off i would have
asked for 6!!). I'm happy with it but still sad cos it's not as long.
The girls keep telling me it's still long but obviuosly to me it seems
short. Not as crispy though, thank god!! I won't be able to give my
full thoughts until I wah and style it myself (oh my god my bus has
only moved forward about 3 cm since I started typing, lucky I had a
big lunch!!!)

I'll def get my hair cut by E again and I know I should go back before
2011 but I doubt it lol everytime I get my hair cut the hairdresser
says I should get it cut every 6-8weeks but a) I can't afford that and
b) I'll never be able to keep my ankles (thats my goal haha) warm at
that rate!!

I've scheduled 3 interviews for next Saturday and 2 slots incase my
manager wants to put anyone else in. And I have literally hundreds of
online applications to get through. I love doing it but it's a big
responsibility for the company but also for the interviewees, I'm
playing god during the recession, I wish I could give everyone a
job!!! People find it weird that hiring is one of my main roles (I'm
the only one who does it for several locations) but I am surprisingly
harsh, even my manager says I'm too fussy. Not to sound coceited bu I
guess I'm comparing the candidates to myself. "good enough" is not
good enough for me. You need to be rocking it to get past me!

Oh god bus still stuck in traffic. Looks like I'm going to be on the
bus for an hour with still the tube and another bus to get :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails