Friday 5 February 2010

Product review

Hello!

I'm going to review two products: mememe 'perfecting base' and
benefits famous 'dr feelgood'.

I'll start with dr feelgood. I'm on my 6 little tub and I have spares
in my drawers. It was one of the first ever make up type product I
owed. Considering everything I know now, and taking into account the
numerous products I've used dr feelgood isn't the sliced bread of the
beauty world but it's still pretty great and I have recommended it to
everyone I know (and I have to say that it's a 50:50 love/hate
result). It's a balm that "helps to smooth away the appearance of fine
lines while leaving skin feeling and looking more silky, flawless and
matte..." - basically it makes ur face look bette even on it's own or
o er ur normal make up. With the first few tubs I went through, I wore
it over my benefits yourebel tinted whatchamacallit (original) but now
that I wear medium-heavy coverage foundation I only apply it to the
eye are and sometimes the t zone. It can pricey, especially if u wear
it all over cos then u get through it really quick but the way I'm
using it now it lasts really long so it's not so bad and I'm not aware
of a dup product so I don't have much choice (£22ish for 24g, has a
sponge inside). For me the joy was that it didn't aggravate my skin.

So now mememe perfecting base. Totally different product but I'm
reviewing them together because they both aim to 'help' ur skin look
better with or without foundation. This was from superdrugs and was
about £6-7. I'm in mixed minds with this product because I've actually
had it for agggges (well past the throw out date! Oops!!) and it never
really became part of my every day (or even once a week) face routine.
However, because of my attempted project 10 pan I thought I'd give it
another try and if I i didn't like it I'd give it to my mum.
Well...I've been using it for about 2 weeks on and off and I think
I'll keep hold of it. How I use it is I cleanse and cream my face.
Then I put the perfecting base on and pop my makeup on top. It does
help my foundation go on more easily and it kinda evens out your skin
texture (as does dr feelgood). The bottle (it's a liquid product,
looks exactly like face cream out of a pump bottle) says it's a colour
correcting serum but I can't comment on this cos I put my make up on
in the dark lol

The real reason why I'm giving this product a slot in my face routine
is because ever since I've been wearing it a few people have commented
on my face. However, simply, it breaks me out :( so what do I do?!
Stick or dump?! I'm confused.

So that's the end of my review. Sorry the perfecting base ended on a
bit of a cliffhanger. I'd say buy it, try it, see for urself. It's
cheap enough to dump but well worth it if it works for you :)

When I got my clarins make up bag u also got samples and I'm looking
forward to try out "instant smooth" which is a cream version of dr
feelgood from what I can tell. I'm excited but at the same time I hope
I don't fall in love with it cos I can't afford it!!!

Thank you for reading; have u used these products before? What did u
think? Anyone know a dup for dr feelgood? Hit up the comment box xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails