Wednesday 7 April 2010

Crispy hair round 2

As title suggests I'm having crispy hair issues again!!! It's not
quite the same problem as before; my hair doesn't feel like it's been
deep fried but the texture is really dry and course and I'm rocking a
constant frizzy shroud of hair, kinda like I've been hit by lightening
even with a blow dry and straightners.

I was really stressing cos everyday was a bad hair day and then I
don't know if it's just the shite hair or the stressing but suddenly
my scalp got super dry and I was flaking horrendously!! :(

This was the situation for maybe 2-3 weeks which doesn't sound too
awful but come on man after chopping off all those inches I was not a
happy bunny and was actually thinking about cutting off a lot more
but.....I had a brain wave!

I had a look at my hair routine and products used and the only two
things I had changed was my shampoo and heat protectant. I knew the
shampoo was ok cos I've been using it for a while (bottle nearly
empty) and so I had a think about my hair protectant and lo and behold
after 2 times not using it (used my old brand heat protectant) my hair
is no longer a shroud and my scalp is back to normal!

I'm really happy that I sorted that out without resorting to scissors.
I did have an inkling that my heat protectant was a bad un cos well,
it felt like it was chemicsl burning my scalp!! Which is an obvious
sign I know but to be honest it's a john freida one and quite pricey
to just chuck so I wanted to use it despite the 'pain' but I'm
definitely chucking it now and back to using my trusty loreal.

And I lived happily ever after. I hope!

Have you ever used a hair product that played havoc with your mane?
Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails