Wednesday 7 April 2010

Sugar and spice

"Not everybody is moved the way I am moved. It's a beautiful thing."
that's what Didi from this years America Idol said.

I didn't actually watch this series but happened to catch the episode
when she left (I thought she sounded great, and she was beyond
gorgeous) and so I got to watch Didi's best bits vid. She cried when
she was happy, sad, excited, shocked, nervous....you get the picture.

But really what hit home for me was the quote I started with, cos
frankly I am a big cry baby too. And with it I am
I think a 'nice' person and what really bugs me is the way people seem
to equate nice with stupid or that being nice is a weakness.

What kind of a world do we live in where being friendly and polite is
a negative thing?

In my many jobs and roles I've often been told that I'm 'too nice'; I
didn't realise I was applying to become hitlers right hand man! Why
are so many people so selfish and rude? When did it be ok to be a
total b*tch to get what you want or where you want?

I've been shat on and stepped on so many times by simply assuming the
best of other people. I always make the mistake of assuming that
person x has the same morals as I do but more often then not they
don't and they're a lying cheating sh*thead.

I hate that saying "nice guys finish last". And all I can say is be
careful who you sh*t on on the way up cos you'll meet them on the way
down and they might not be so nice second time round. Everybody has
limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails