Monday 5 April 2010

Haul and stuff






Hello guys!

Hope you've had a lovely Easter and a nice long weekend if you're
lucky enough to not work weekends.

This is going to be a quick recap of my day and the story of my new
found love for matalan. *High five* if you heart matalan!!

So last night my mum came to sleepover at mine. She didn't get the
sofabed but instead the floor. Oh well.

In the morning my dad picked us both up as we'd made plans to go to
see woo the Chinese cash and carry in north Greenwich. I love going
with them to look at the weird, wonderful and yummy things. And plus
they pay for my bits and bobs and freebies are always worth getting
out of bed for!

Anyway, as we're driving down Im trying to cajole my daddy into taking
me to matalan. The funny thing with my dad (is this a man thing or is
it just my dad?) is that when I say I want to go to 'x' shop he'll ask
"why?" and generally the real reason I want to go to a shop is just
because I want to have a look around but I never give this answer
because I want him to think this will be a quick stop off and not a
10hour shopping spree. So then I have to come up with something to buy
but this is an even harder answer to come up with. I can't say "jeans"
cos he'll say I have to many or that i shouldnt be wasting my money on
things i dont need and something like a top is too simple and I worry
it's not worth his time and usually shoes or bags are a no no cos
that's not a necessity. I guess knickers would be a good answer but I
really want to avoid talking about underwear with my dad.

Luckily I had an answer and reasoning behind my answer ready. My
soliloquy was basically, "mummy bought me marie claire and in it there
was a bag in matalan that is only £8 and If I buy it online I'll have
to pay delivery charge I need the bag for work because at the moment I
don't have any bag to carry documents round in and I want to make a
good impression so that I can be prime minister one day and if I have
the wrong bag I'll never get anywhere in life and my degree will be
wasted can we please go matalan it's oppsoite next". And breeeathe.
And thank god he said yes!

I can count the number of times I've been to matalan on one hand and
that's including today's trip. Simple reason is that it's usually
located in places that are easier to reach by car. Going to browse in
a random store is not worth a long arse chavvy bus journey. locals
will know what I mean ;)

It's a bit skanky but I must say I really liked what it had to offer.
I guess in the past I was looking for 'normal' clothes to wear, in
which case primark or peacocks win hands down for style and price.
Even new look or dorothy Perkins is in a similoar price range to
matalan and with more kudos (generally it's cheap but not super cheap).

But this trip I was interested in work stuff and for that matalan
really excelled. It was like a cheaper marks and spencers.

I got: a pair of nude open toe pumps £10, a black wool pencil skirt
with wide waist band and pockets £14, a grey pencil skirt with pockets
£14 (I like pockets for my Vaseline and tissue), a gorgeous black
chiffon top with tiny White hearts and a peter pan collar £12 and
finally the bag I saw in marie claire (yah I told daddy the truth).
Which was a grand total of £58. That my daddy paid for :) I've never
been so happy lol


Im really happy with everything I got and I think the only unneccesary
items were the shoes and the top. In a wishlist I posted a while ago I
said I wanted a black and grey work skirt and even though I did get 3
skirts from m&s I'm returning 2 so that's ok. And like I said to my
dad, the bag is a must. I'm the store I sent my dad to the children
books bit to get an A4 sized book to see if it fit in the nag and I'm
glad to report that several A4 books do fit. I think when I have
meetings I'll carry a tiny handbag and then my matalan bag as a
document (and water, and shoes, amd umbrella) bag.

Oh wowee this is a long post. But just very quickly I got oyster
sauce, hoisin and plum sauce at see woo and I'm hoping to make
something delish so look out for a food poisoning story soon lmao

Goodnight xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails