Sunday 18 April 2010

Haul part 2 and other stuff

continued from last post...

before i start I'm so sorry about the crappy lay out of the pics (for the last blog and this). Hopefully I will get the hang of all this soon!


So the next item from Gap (above) is a light grey silk mix cardigan. Its maybe a smidgen darker in 'real' life. It has cropped sleeves (just below the elbow on me) and the body is not as long as the essential Gap cardigans (e.g. merino or cotton). I'm not usually a fan of the shorter cardi's but I thought it would be nice for the warmer weather we're having and i can chuck it over whatever top for work. And its machine washable thank god!!!! This was a bargainous £12.99. I got my mum one also and the funny thing is, on her, the sleeves reach her wrists. Midget mum!

I got some other stuff but they were for my mum and boring so i didn't take any pics. One more item that I got for myself was a light biscuit t shirt, but a 'smart' t shirt. I plan to wear it for work (i know i talk about work clothes/accs a lot but i work all the time so if im not wearing work clothes im wearing my pyjamas!!) Its got a basic chiffony detail around the neckline and vertically down the back of the top theres an exposed seam. The colour makes me look a bit dead but hopefully i'll tan soon and look a bit more alive!!




Ok. So now I'm just going to talk about some other bits and pieces that have been occupying me. The first two are johnsons holiday skin and revlons tropical temptation (number 093). When I was getting dressed today I just felt it was time that I 'summered' myself out. So i painted my toes and fingers with tropical temptation (which is a gorgeous coral colour, more orange than pink) and slapped on the johnsons holiday skin (JHS).

Don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the JHS is 'foreign'. I got it from 99p store. I was a bit wary because last year i bought a (random brand) fake tanner from wilkinsons (it was under 2 quid) and i was orange. Actually my skin was a similiar colour to tropical temptation LMAO!

But (fortunately/unfortunately) this JHS had the opposite effect. AKA no effect. I'm the same pasty colour i was prior to application. But to be fair i've only done it once this morning so I'll apply every morning, I'll give it a week or two to work its magic. But tbh I'm not holding out much hope cos ok for 99p I can't expect miracles but its not even moisturising!


Next up for discussion are these 3 nail polishes (above) that my mum brought round. They are (very) old but amazingly still useable and not at the gloopy stage.

I'll do left to right:

1) Collection 2000 Hot Looks in Siren (number 5). At the time I got this it was my absolute favourite colour. This is actually my 3rd bottle and you can see from the picture that even this bottle is half way down. There is only one other polish (a red of course) that I've finished/re-bought and i can't believe this is my 3rd bottle. I've talked about my love for red and hot pink polishes in my earlier blogs, but basically red was my signature colour until Siren came and knocked it off the top spot. And kudos to collection 2000, the hot look polishes are a great price and a great product. 5 stars!

2) 17 rock hard in pink shock (number 62). This is a bit of an odd one. I cant say if i love or hate it, it depends how i'm feeling. The name is misleading because its not pink pink, its got a slight purple tone in it. It has a great finish though. I think the problem with this colour is that it isn't a classic and nor is it a 'wow'.

3) (colour payoff in photo isn't very accurate). I think this was a gift. Oh maybe i got it really cheap. Rimmel 60 seconds in mania (number 877). My mum actually had this on her toes today and all i can think to descirbe the colour is seaweed/slash mermaid. Problem number 1 for me is that its a shimmer and I'm definitely a matte lover. Problem number 2 is that it's a bluey green, greeny blue for god sakes! I know that OPI's 'jade is the new black' is the new IT colour for this week but I don't know......and its a bit dark for spring/summer isn't it? And also, jade is the new black is just a green, and at least its one colour. No to mermaids. Sorry Ariel!

Hope you enjoyed the show and tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails