Sunday 25 April 2010

Revlon foundation haul and clinque foundation review

Hey guys!

As promised here is a post about the new foundations i recently got. And also a review of my clinique foundations....

(Above photo - Left to Right: Revlon PhotoReady in 005 Natural Beige; Revlon ColorStay in 320 True Beige; and Revlon PhotoReady in 007 Cool Beige)

I got them from Boots, there was a 3 for 2 offer so i got all three for about £25 (£12.99 x2 and then i got the colorstay free, £11.99. Price wise it was a bargian, i got 3 foundations for the price of 1 clinique foundation.

I must say, I don't hate the one I've tried (3 days using photoready in true beige) but next time (once I've used all 3 bottles!!! lol) I will be sticking with clinique, as you do get what you pay for. And I'mnot even talking about the product per se, but about the service/buying experience.

Admittedly i got my revlon haul from a skanky Boots in East London so of course the buying experience was not great but I've been to loads of Boots (especially recently with my 'beanie' hunt) and there's never no offer of help, or anyone to ask help from.

And the reason why I am moaning about this rather then talking about the product is because buying a new foundation is hard enough and when you factor in the lack of proper mirrors and a lack of testers then you're pretty stuffed. Luckily I have no shame and I'm proud to stand there hogging the foil on the wall and smearing my face in every tester that is available. And the security can stare at me as much as he/she wants. F*ck off.

TBH i doubt that any of the 3 foundations I got are the right colour for me, there weren't any colours dark enough in many of the brands (which is pretty bad actually considering I'm pretty light, what do black/asian skin have?)

So anyway, photoready in true beige. Halle Berry is 'the face' for this product but i wanted to get it because my idol lollipop26 recently reviewed the product. Simply, i like it. If it was a better colour match I'd be a fan (i got the two 'darkest' shades). The consistency is great and it offers enough coverage for me and my nightmare skin but it doesn't look toooo heavy. Lollipop26 and other beauty guru's talked about the glitterball factor and when i applied it i didn't know what they were on about but when i was on the bus i caught my reflection in the window and holy moly i was sparkling!!! But this is not a problem for me, so doesnt effect my opinion on the product...but I am aware that the sun is here/coming so we'll see how glittery i am a bit later!

(Above photo - Left to Right: all clinique products: supermoisture makeup in 18 nude beige; even better in 09 sand; and superfit in 09 beige)

These are my last 3 foundations that I'm trying to use up. The reason why I opened my new foundation before finishing the old ones is due to two reasons: 1) wanted a cheap and easy foundation to take to Wales and wanted to make sur eit wouldnt break me out and had enough coverage and 2) i have an 'issue' which I'll blog about one day!

So out of the three, even better is my favourite. fantastic coverage, matte but not toooo matte and it doesn't dry my face out. The consistency is nice and creamy and it really does just make your face 'even better'! This is the foundation i use when i've got big meetings or VIP visits.

superfit and supermoisture are in a tie position. i brought both at a shopping discount village (woodbury common) when i was at new york so the buying experience was similiar to shopping in Boots so I had to find my own colours......which im obviously not good at!

superfit is a pretty good foundation but i need a slightly darker shade. This is a great everyday foundation and the one i wear to work on 'normal' days. It doesn't leave my skintone looking as even as even better but I think that's due to the wrong shade rather the the formulation.

supermoisture is another great everyday foundation but i always use powder to set it because i'd say the coverageis medium rather then full. This is also the foundation i wear if my face hasn't broken out.

So in an ideal world i wish i could buy cliniques even better but this is a credit crunching time so a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails