Monday 12 April 2010

Sandwich thief

So...let me take you back a few days. A sunny Saturday. I get to work,
bit I'll but glad that I was on time. Get to the office to find my fav
L there and a box of krispy kremes!! Life is looking good :)

What is it they say about not counting your eggs until they've hatched?

At lunch time I pop to sainsburys for tissue (because of course the
day I have a cold I have no tissue in my giant handbag) and apples for
L (apples and doughnuts for lunch, that's why I love her!). Feeling
smug for not spending money on food so I grab some cheesy puffs and
kitkats to eat with my packed lunch (ham sandwich, crisps and diet
coke).

In the morning I had stuffed my handbag in my tiny locker in the ladies
and then I hung up my jacket and hooked my lunch (in a plastic carrier
bag) over the hanger too since there's no room in the locker.

So I het back from sainsburys, pick up my lunch from the locker room
and go to the office. I get there and start unpacking my goodies when
I realise
My sandwich is not in the bag. I check my handbag. I check the
sainsburys bags. I check under the table. Start panicing. I retrace my
steps, ask if anyone has handed in a ham sandwich (cos the crisp and
coke were there). Got a lot of weird looks. Checked in my locker and
in the toilet stalls (even though thinking about it now if my sandwich
had been in the loos I would not have eaten it!).

So basically I did not find my sandwich :( and with sainsburys plus
searching I had about 20mins left so ended up going to cafe Nero and
buying a crap sandwich for over £3. Daylight robbery. And inc all the
sainsburys stuff I ended up spending just over £10. I could of just
gone to the Chinese buffet like usual!!!'

I marked down that incident as unlucky and a funny story I could tell
my grandchildren one day and that was that....or so I thought!!!

Now let me bring you to the present day. I get into work early (ok, on
time) as we had a VIP visit of unspecified time (it just said AM).
Didn't have breakfast and plus was up earlier than usual so I was
hungry hungry.

10am (no sign of VIP) went round the buildin chasing the sandwich lady
and gave up at 10:30 and then a few minutes before 11am sandwich lady
turns up and just as I'm paying for my tuna cucumber sandwich and
ready salted crisps VIP dude turns up too!

Luckily my boss was also paying for his grub so I didn't look like a
complete greedy guys. So I left my late breakfast on my desk and the
visit officially started and we took him to our room and talked about
loads of 'interesting' stuff and we were done just after 12pm!

Get back to my desk. What do I think? No sandwich or crisps!!! I look
in my handbag. I look in my drawers. Te stationary drawer. The bin.
Both my bosses desks. Behind our computers. I check the room we had
the visit in. And then how embarassing is this, the VIP pops round cos
the next person to see him isn't ready and I say "have you seen my
sandwich?". Afterwards my boss was laughing at me and said he couldn't
believe I had asked the man that. But boy i don't ramp when it comes
to my food that I paid for
And after someone had already thieves
My food on Saturday *kisses teeth*

So then o walk around the floor asking if anyones seen my sandwich and
crisps. I tell them what filling it was and why flavoured crisps.
Noones seem nothing.

And I feel bad cos I accussed this guy S of hiding it and o go right
up to his desk and ask him outright and he denies it and I'm getting
quite upset now cos I'm huuuuungry and frankly pissed off. But he says
no ao what can I do? He says maybe it was "ur mate A" but I say no she
wouldn't do that she's my friend.

And then a bit later (it's about 12:20 by this point) I bump onto A
and L and say I can't talk cos someones taken my lunch. A comes to see
me at my
desk and we're talking about sandwiches and then she says "come here I
need to tell you something" so I move away from my desk nearer A2s
(another A) desk and A1 points to the desk and points to the desk and
says something like, "did your sandwich and crisp look like that?" and
lo and behold there's my friggin stuff!!!

I was not happy. Especially on the inside. I was boiling on the
inside. I'd I was a shouty fighty person I think I'd have thrown her
out the window. I hate people doing stuff like that to me. 1) cos
that's a friend you trust who is lying to you and getting other people
to lie to you but also 2) cos if u know me well enough u know I don't
understand jokes or sarcasm, I have too much faith
In the other person, so tricks like these are never fair or understood.

Now I hold up my hands here and say with pride "yes I is a hypocrite"
I have played jokes on people many a times but there's no one as thick
as me so at least the person I'm joking with gets
It!!! For a few seconds when she asked if my stuff looked that I had 2
instant reactions; "wow my stuff did look like that" and "aw A2 found
my lunch and is keeping it safe!!" And me thinking that makes me want
to throw myself out the window for being so thick.

So A1 if ur reading this I'm even more angry now then I was before!!!
There better be something nice on my desk by the end of the week and i
don't want a post it saying sorry! Give me ur first born child or else!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails