Monday 17 May 2010

International Day Against Homophobia



Today (17th May) is International Day against Homophobia. The guy (greg) who made this video is actually a beauty guru on youtube but this video, and the one he did about his experiences coming out make my heart ache.

Please watch it.

How would you have reacted to Javier and Mellisa in the mall? 'Accepting' isn't enough though it's a step in the right direction. Can you be brave enough to do what she said at the end? ...To refuse to accept the hatred and discrimination from other people to other peopl; to tell someone to stop if they are being mean? I put my hands up and say 'probably not'. I'm scared to rock the boat, and i find it hard to disagree with people. My one bit of support i can offer right now is to share this video.

I hope it made you think. And i hope it made you feel something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails