Sunday 9 May 2010

The search is over!! part 1

Hello guys!

Well this has been the best Sunday ever - very successful shopping trip. Think quality over quantity though cos i didn't get much but i got everything i wanted.

So without futher ado.......I GOT MY WEDDING GUEST DRESS!!!!! I saw it and i knew. It's totally not me in terms of style or print, or colour-way but I think it's right for the occasion and I'd rather look the part then wear the type of stuff i like wearing and look out of place.

(sorry i don't know how to rotate!) (dress: £16 from matalan, not available online)

(the bottom of the dress)

S0 as you can see it's a print dress and it's got orange, mustard, navy, purple and cream in it. I don't think I've ever owned anything with so many colours in it before but like i said, as soon as i saw it i knew that (if it fit me) this was the one for me.

The first thing, surprising was the colour. Though its got many colours in it, at a glance i would say it was orange and purple/blue and as the wedding colour is orange i thought that at least i'd fit in with the decor lol Also, i often suffer from being a bit of a wallflower, i am a plain jane and usually i'm not bothered but since this is the first wedding i've ever been to and the bride is so special to me and my family i thought i'd get a happy and bright dress.

Style wise the sleeves are good. An inch longer would make it perfect but it's totally fine as it is and i do not need a cardiga, shrug, shawl etc unless there's a freak snow storm.

Length ....this is the only sticking point. I hope you can see from the pics but it's got an 'n' shape hem line (sorry thats the only way i can think to describe it!). And the shortest bit of the skirt is nearly mid-thigh and yes you can see my fat knees :( However, the long bits of hem on either side (the back is also 'n' shaped)reach just past my knees, and though they do not cover anything they do give the illusion of length and also when i have it on, because i can feel fabric around my knees it doesnt feel so short......hope that makes sense!!!

I look like a bit fat pasty dough ball in the dress but *shrugs* it's not a bloody miracle worker lol

So all in all i am happy and if i find something i like more then no worries i can have both since the price for this was so so reasonable aka dirt cheap and i'm happy that it's not overly dressy (like a prom dress) cos i can wear it to fancy garden parties aka bbq's.

So what i need now are shoes and maybe a clutch/lil bag. Shoes I definitely want in tan (or that colour family). Nail varnish I'm either doing coral, orange or something from the beige family - look out for a blog on that! And then bag....this is a toughie for me. I am a big bag girl. If i had it my way and had stronger bi/triceps then i would use a suitcase as a handbag. I wouldnt mind a clutch but it would have to be a giant sized clutch and definitely tan or black, i want this to be an investment (at hopefully not an investment price!)

My other bugbear is jewellry. I'm allergic to just about everything so jewellry is a no-no for me but i would love to wear a million gold bangles up my arm and some big earrings. At best I might have to settle for some wooden bracelets but i don't want to look too safari chic!

My question to you: Is a big handbag ok for a party enviroment?
Please comment below :)

Hope you like the dress....uh oh i'm having second thoughts...is it too casual?!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails