Saturday 15 May 2010

Tag: Top 10 products for summer

As the title suggests, this is going to be a tag post on my personal top 10 products for summer.

In no particular order:

1) Baby oil
When i was younger/at school i loved this stuff. I used it all over my body and also my face. I feel summery using baby oil cos I'm shiny and in my head i think it makes me darker but i'm assuming that's actually the work of the Sun.

2) Red nail polish
Nothing says summer like cherry red toes. Always reminds me of the elephant hiding in a tree joke though. Not actually sure how the joke goes but i got the image in my head...

3) Benefit's High Beam
I know summer is here when i switch from moonbeam to highbeam. When i first started wearing make-up the idea of a highlighter was a bit lost to me, and tbh, i don't think highlighters are great for asian people since our faces are generally so flat there's nothing to highlight but hey, an excuse to stick some more slap on!

4) Cliniques Redness Solution Protective base
I wear this stuff all year round. It's basically a green cream (to lessen any redness) with spf in it. In the colder months i wear it on my nose, and if i need it around my mouth area after apply my moisturiser and before my foundation. In the summer i put it on my t-zone. I'm not too worried about spf as all my face products have it already but def put more on my nose, its red enough!!

5) Nivea Whitening deodorant
I dont know if this is sold in England but i always stock up on this when i go thailand. Lets not get into too much detail but underarm area is not pretty in general and my armpits need all the help they can get!! And its a good deodarant, it's passes the stinky sweat test!!

6) Fake tan
Did you like the photo? (courtesy of a website) I don't bare enough skin to get a natual tan, plus i am fearful/careful of skin cancer so i never get a good tan going, tan out of the bottle is more then good enough for me!

7) An umbrella!!
Ha-ha. I live in London after all, nothing silly about having a lil brolly in your handbag for those random showers!

8) Intuition razor
This is my all time favourite razor, simply becasue i am lazy. Tbh i think they made the moisture block or whatever you call it too thick cos when you first use it the razor doesnt even touch your skin so i find myself running it under a hot tap to melt which is a dreadful waste.

9) Cocoa butter
You can probably tell i'm a bit obsessive with being moisturised durring the summer but hey, no one wants to see crusty elbows, knees and cracked feet as well as grey legs.

10) Waterproof mascara
I'm not actually a fan of waterproof mascara, i must prefer the 'normal' stuff and tbh i can't even say why, i just do! But in an ideal world i'd wear waterproof mascara in the summer cos my make up does run and i look like a panda by lunchtime!!

So, what are your must-haves for the summer? I tag all of you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails