Monday 27 September 2010

lovelinks

I want to talk about my new obsession: LOVELINKS.

Here is a link if you don't know about lovelinks (I didn't until yesterday!)

http://www.lesterandbrown.com/p1325-lovelinks-gold-plated-90cm-black-leather-necklacebracelet-ref-0732334-90.html

Background: So basically I can't wear (most) jewelry. I'm allergic to just about all metals and even gold gets me all itchy and stainless steel (watch backs) is a no no for me also, which is a shame. I can wear my darling pearls as there is no metal; my necklace has a silver clasp but it's a really cute chunky one so i wear it to the front so that it rests on my clothes and not on my skin. Anyway, for some reason last night I just really really wanted a bracelet or/and necklace so I was looking up leather bracelets/necklaces on ebay and came across a 90cm leather lovelinks necklace for £15. I thought that was a bit steep because you can get just a long leather 'thong' for £2 so I googled lovelinks and BAM my life as I knew it changed (RRP £25 btw).

My dilemma now is: do I just get a £2 thing or a rip off £25 thing, only difference being is the lovelinks 'polo' at the end of the string...the polo that I'm allergic too? I know it doesn't seem much of a dilemma but I swear to god I could not sleep last night I was fretting about it loads.

The nice thing about the lovelinks is that I would be able to wear it without any charms/pendants but if i got a 'string' then I would have to put something in it.

Is it sad for a girl to buy her own 'jewelry'?

And randomly, if I ever do find someone to marry I won't be able to wear my engagement/wedding ring....unless I string it onto my lovelinks!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You can get pieces of jade jewelery and even jade rings. In case you ever get married ;)

    Are you alergic to things like titanium? You can get many wedding rings made from that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Starry,
    I dreamt about you yesterday. You helped me, I was having a panic attack in dorothy perkins. So erm, thanks lol

    Jade is fine. I have a bangle and a ring but both are too tight now. But that's a good idea for a wedding ring!! I could even get 'white' jade. All I need is a man now.....

    The shop people say titanium would be ok, but I don't want to risk it for the price. And everything else that I was told would be ok has turned out not to be ok, so unless a millionaire splashes out on one for me I guess I'll never know. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails