Saturday 10 September 2011

NOTD: matte temptation

Hi Guys!

Finally I got my hands on a matte finish polish :)

(Matte finish is used like a to coat, pop it on top of a nail colour and it will make it look matte).

Been wanting something like this for ages but wasn't sure if it was worth the bother. Well, I've had it for a day and a night and I am happy I got it.

FYI Boots are having their 3 for 2 event on beauty products (also baby products and hair products) so I grabbed two matte finishes (one for me, one for EK) and I also got a 2-in-1 top and base coat. RRP £4.59 each so I got 3 for £9.18, which equals £3.06 each.

(I was initially going to get 17's matte finish (under £4 btw) because it was the cheapest and had decent reviews, but when I saw rimmel's version I had to get it because I love the rimmel maxi brush polishes)

Anyways, enough with the words; typing is wearing down my nail tips lol ;)

As you can see, the matte finish is a...murky whitish colour. It does not lighten your polish, just makes it matte and bang on trend ;)

[BELOW PHOTO] Top thumb is with the matte finish, bottom thumb is without the matte finish...



[ABOVE photo] - Revlon's Tropical Temptation (a corally type shade) on it's own (2 coats)

[BELOW photo] - With one coat of Rimmel's matte finish

Last pic [ABOVE] taken by my mummy, both hands together.

Conclusion?

Ok so it's not curing cancer or ending world hunger but I think it's great and (hopefully) it'll encourage me to use more of my polish collection and it gives all colours a second life. And for me personally, a matte finish is the style I want - crackle top coats, nail art and glitter is all very well (and bloody fun) but matte finish in my opinion is cool and toned down, and with the right colour is, ironically, very grown up and polished.

Have you tried this? Interested or just another fad?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails