Saturday 24 September 2011

Review: Natural Collection & Rimmel's matte finish

Hi Guys!

So a few weeks ago I purchased some stuff from Boots and I just wanted to let you know what I thought about them.

[Above]

3 items from Natural Collection, Boots. Cost me £3.98 for all 3 items because of a 3 for 2 promo.

But anyway, what did I think?

Foundation: Frankly, this was crap, but RRP £1.99 who cares! I just wanted to have something in my bag to refresh my face if I was out and this does the job. I think that if you had great skin (which I do not) this would actually be an ok product. But for me, I could not use this in the morning, it wouldn't be enough for me, I would scare grown men. The consistency is a bit runny and so coverage isn't great. I actually really liked the colour and dewyness (is that a word?!).

Concealer: Firstly, I could have probably gone a shade darker but that's not Natural Collection's fault. Similar complaint as the foundation - too runny. It takes the redness out of my spots/blemishes but it's not hard core enough for me. I got this as a possible replacement for my clinique concealer but I am def going to have to invest in a new concealer.

Blusher: YAY!!! Love this blusher!! The colour is really pretty, just pink and gorgeous. Surprise surprise the staying power isn't great, but I don't mind reapplying. Great cheapy item to have. I've been using this everyday. I think I will get the other colours.

Overall conclusion: You get what you pay for. I am not put off Natural Collection at all. I would recommend this for people with great skin who just want to wear make up rather then people who depend on make up (i.e moi!). Also, i think this would make a great starter kit if you are just getting into make up. Safe pretty colours and nothing too fancy.

[Above]

Rimmel's Matte Finish.

What can I say? I love it. Totally happy I finally bought one. I will review this in two parts:

Rimmel: This is a Rimmel product (obviously). You can get a matte finish topcoat from quite a few brands now. I am glad I want for Rimmel as I love the maxi brush, especially for a topcoat where you can just plop it on; perfect!

Matte Finish: I love the matte look. But there are two things you need to know if you are venturing into matte nail world:

1) matte chips easier then 'normal'. Just a heads up!

2) the matte top coat fades. E.g I painted my nails last week and finished off with a matte topcoat. At the beginning of the week my nails were matte green and pink leopard print, by Wednesday they were shiny green and pink leopard print. There are two things you can do about this: i) reapply the matte topcoat, easy peasy ii) embrace the change, i just see it as a 2-in-1 nail look!

****************


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails