Saturday 29 October 2011

DIY: Studded collar


Hi Guys!

I got this shirt of ebay a few weeks ago and was waiting for some studs to start my next diy project.

The shirt was either £7.99 but I can't remember if that was with p+p, though I think that I paid extra for postage, but def under £10 all together.

It is a cream polyester long shirt and it has a very subtle check/square pattern (cream on cream).

Studding a shirt was much easier than shoes, not because of the thickness of the fabric, but because it's easier to get access to both sides of the material.

My studs were also from ebay, gold triangle studs (8mm); 100 studs for about £4 inc p+p.

The seller has a webpage www.idreamcraft.com and the prices are actually slightly lower on the webstore then on their ebay seller page (bigbenworld).

The seller also included a little free gift which was a sweet touch; a few round flat gunmetal studs. Very nice if you wanted a proper grungey rock and roll feel.

So I started studding the tips of the collar - three rows either side and then building up one row at a time, alternating sides so that I wouldn't use up all of the studs on one side and end up with a lopsided collar.

Pic above is what I thought was the final product (6 rows) but I've added another row. I would have liked to do many more rows of studs but 100 studs actually gets used up really quickly. The collar tips used up about 70 studs. I am thinking of getting another 300 studs and stud more of the collar, but also the centre (it's a fly button shirt) and maybe even the cuffs.

The studding is addictive!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails