Sunday 2 October 2011

NOTD: Dark skies and palm trees

Hi Guys!

Just did my nails; please forgive the messy edges but I thought I'd quickly post before I tidied them up.

For the first time I used a base coat - to be honest I don't usually bother, I don't see the point but for some reason my last nail polish (Nails Inc's London) stained my nails so thought I'd be safe rather than sorry with this dark nail choice.

So anyway!! I've got on Elf's Dark Navy. I've had this for maybe a year but only just used it now. I thought it was shimmery but it's actually a gorgeous deep, dark navy with a sheen but no glitter. When I first painted in on I thought it was black but once tried it is def navy.

On a random finger per hand I've also used LA Colors palm trees for a bit of fun and I also think it helps the navy to 'pop'.

In real life the contrast is lovely and represents the weather we should be having vs the sunshine we have been having. No idea what outfit this is going to go with tomorrow which is another reason why I've been avoiding the navy polish. I guess I could wear a yellow dress and red lippy and I'd be like a colour wheel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails